Payroll Administrator – Full Time – Etobicoke – Excellent Benefits
Under the supervision of the Payroll and Compensation Manager, the Payroll Administrator processes payroll and performs other payroll related administrative duties as required and ensures that employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Process and input high volume bi-weekly payroll for salaried, hourly and union payrolls in accordance with established company practices and procedures.
- Collect, analyze, enter, calculate and verify payroll information, including hours and statutory deductions.
- Review time records for accuracy, completeness and authorization in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain and adjust employee information in the payroll and time management systems (ADP People@Work, ADP Pay@Work and EZ Labor).
- Perform off-schedule payments, such as replacement cheques, termination pays, lump sum payments.
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues in partnership with the Payroll and Compensation Manager.
- Verify journal entries produced by ADP and occasionally prepare manual journal entries.
- Ensure payment of various deductions such as garnishments and union dues are sent to the appropriate authorities accurately and on time.
- Maintain employee records and file various documents.
- Respond to employee and Human Resource inquiries on a timely basis.
- Process and verify Records of Employment for terminated employees.
- Respond and verify requests for information from various agencies including the Canada Custom and Revenue Agency (CCRA) and Service Canada.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly payroll statements, WCB, EHT, Union Dues and general ledger accounts.
- Requirements: Minimum of a college diploma in business or other related studies.
- Minimum 4 years previous full cycle payroll experience with both salary and hourly payrolls.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Payroll Association (PCP) certification is preferred.
- Experience with ADP Pay@Work, People@Work and EZ Labor is required.
- Multi-provincial (including Quebec) and/or multi-location experience is an asset.
- Union payroll experience an asset.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi task.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.