HRIS/Ultipro Systems Analyst
Vacancy ID#: 2019-18
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Type: Temporary full-time – One (1) year contract
Group/Grade: Non-Bargaining Unit
Date: February 8, 2019
Founded in 1973, the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) is a leading health-care union representing more than 65,000 registered nurses and health professionals and 18,000 nursing student affiliates working in Ontario hospitals, long-term care facilities, public health, community, clinics and industry. ONA is committed to the advancement of the social, economic and general welfare of its members providing labour relations services that include representation of members to ensure their rights under the collective agreement are protected and negotiating the best possible terms and conditions of employment. ONA advocates for the highest standards of health care for all Ontarians. Looking to the future, ONA will continue to provide proactive strategies to raise the awareness of the value (including economic and patient benefits) of RNs with all stakeholders.
ONA is seeking to hire a HRIS/Ultipro Systems Analyst to join our Human Resources (HR) team for a one (1) year contract. We are looking for an innovator that will help us identify areas to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and workflow, and maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes and to improve data integrity and efficiency within the UltiPro system. This role will own the HRIS system (UltiPro) and will ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
- Act as an UltiPro system administrator, advisor and expert for the HR team; serve as primary liaison with UltiPro, identifying and managing day-to-day issues, and ensuring effective delivery of HRIS application. Including:
- Coordinate system upgrades/enhancements of new/existing modules, interface testing, documentation, training, and communication.
- Analyze current work processes, identify gaps, and recommend improvements to provide more effective use of the UltiPro system.
- Ensure data quality and integrity is maintained across the system, up to date and accurate. Act as the primary liaison for UltiPro vendor communication.
- Build dashboard and reports for reviewing KPIs and extract relevant information.
- Provide outstanding quality support to internal and external users with a high degree of customer service and technical expertise.
- Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of relevant product offerings, scope documents, and current policies and procedures in order to provide accurate solutions.
- Administer data entry/maintenance into the UltiPro system.
- Determine the validity of other modules within UltiPro software and ensure current modules are being utilized and optimized to the fullest.
- Issue ownership from initial point of contact to call resolution which includes supporting escalations if appropriate and providing user updates recommended solutions.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining user calls, problem/description detail integrity in call tracking system.
- Serve as the project manager to coordinate system upgrades/enhancements, internal interfaces, testing, documentation, training, communication and optimization reviews as well as roll out and launch of new modules.
- Consistently model the highest levels of support orientation and professionalism.
- Develop a regular monthly audit schedule to review the integrity of data in the UltiPro system and databases.
- Foresees potential challenges and comes prepared with solutions problem to solve variety of problems.
- Serve as the primary liaison for annual data testing and auditing for HR team and other compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess -
- A post-secondary diploma in Human Resources and/or Accounting, Business or related field.
- Five+ (5+) years’ in-depth experience with various HRIS and web-based systems; proficiency with UltiPro preferred (a combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Window Operating Systems/Applications as well as communication applications.
- Experience in reports and dashboard development using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence a plus.
- Experience analyzing the HRIS systems in order to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Experience with critical analysis is required as to analyze numbers, trends, and data and come to recommended conclusions based on findings.
- Experience using an automated payroll system, from a systems end to end process lens, in a unionized environment; experience in Ultipro UTM and HR/Core payroll modules an asset.
- Experience in handling difficult or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Microsoft Excel super user (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, databases).
- Leading projects/project management experience required; Project Management (PMP) certificate is an asset.
- Working knowledge of payroll legislation, to include CRA, WSIB, EHT, Income Tax Act, Personal Information Protection Act and group insurance policies and Employment Standards.
- Superior customer service skills; customer-focused, positive and professional attitude.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analysis, problem determination and troubleshooting skills with the ability to know when to escalate.
- Ability to multitask, including multiple high priority issues and able to set and manage expectations.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, visit our website and apply today!
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day February 22, 2019. Please include the vacancy ID#2019-18 in the subject line.
The Ontario Nurses’ Association is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.