Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Harley is one of our Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) here in our HR Department. He works with functional Business Leaders within their respective business units providing relevant HR guidance, consultation and support to the business including identifying and sharing business insights and trends, and acts as a liaison between the business, HR COEs, HR Shared Services and Global HR partners as appropriate, to facilitate an integrated business strategy.
When Harley first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Harley is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let’s just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren’t for individuals like Harley joining us, we wouldn’t be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thank you Harley. We couldn’t be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our HRBP’s, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Formulates partnerships across the business and HR function to deliver value-added service to management and Associates that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Works with the business and HR to identify and promote new ways of working and empowering approaches to people management in support of delivering on the business plan, enabling leaders to assume increasing responsibility for all aspects of people management.
- Contributes to and influences the business strategy by helping leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviours, and structures that optimize the use of resources, processes and systems.
- Supports leaders with the implementation and execution of corporate and area specific HR programs and strategies.
- Supports leaders in the identification and execution of long and short term talent needs for the business; helps leaders make the link between talent, development and business goals; supports the business through the full talent cycle.
- Identifies and anticipates changing business needs and trends so that HR programs are adjusted in support of the overall business; acts as a liaison and collaborates with the business and HR COEs and Shared Services to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Works with the business to develop a strong leadership and coaching culture that builds capability in the business that brings out the best in people; creates an environment that fosters high performance, innovation, learning and initiative; supports a culture of accountability.
- Coaches and develops line managers, building their skills and confidence to successfully lead their people
- Acts as Change Agent and consultant to the business in managing and supporting small and large scale organizational change, in consultation with HR Organization Development as required.
- Supports the business in the resolution of complex associate relations issues including coaching, counseling and facilitating resolution with Associates; maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of Associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal as needed/required.
- Partners with other HR Business Partners to share a community of best practices, ensure a broad consistency of approach, and cover each other as necessary.
- Manages specific projects as part of the overall HR Business Plan and participates in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Collaborates and partners with COE’s on HR program development and delivery (Onboarding, Performance Management, Discrimination and Harassment, Recruitment and Selection etc.)
- Helps the business unit leader to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards improvement of HR services and processes
- Promotes a positive, inclusive work environment through coaching and counseling Associates, and through the timely resolution of issues in accordance with legislation and company policies and procedures (i.e. Open Door, Diversity, Performance Management, corrective action, etc.), and also providing timely responses to questions and inquiries regarding Associate Relations issues
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges as you will have:
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business or related program or equivalent; HR designation is an asset
- 8 to 10 years HR business partner, employee relations experience
- Strong working knowledge in multiple human resource disciplines, including talent and performance management, workforce planning, organizational development, employee relations and relevant employment legislation
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with senior management and positively influence management and staff to act in the best interest of the Company
- Excellent management skills including organizational, facilitation, negotiating skills including conflict management; strong ability to manage time and prioritize multiple priorities and maintain high sense of urgency
- Strong consulting skills with proven ability to procure and analyze a range of quantitative and qualitative information and use this in developing strategies, plans, policies and solutions that meet individual, departmental and organizational needs; demonstrated ability to be creative, resourceful, and pragmatic with a solution-focused attitude
- Solid organizational development skills including change management, time management; ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately; bilingualism an asset; able to developing and building relationships with internal and external partners / team members; able to effectively and creatively challenge people, situations and current thinking; customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.