Bilingual HR Manager
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
This HR Manager will be responsible for employee relations, leave management, benefits administration and all other HR processes for employees and managers in Canada and New Hampshire locations. Development, implementation and management of best practices in human resources in support of the company’s vision and mission for Canada located businesses. Provide guidance to management and staff on daily situations, HR processes, and employee relations. Timely implementation of HR goals and programs as defined with business leaders. Act as an internal consultant to the business leaders to help translate overall business strategies into workable solutions. Will require regular trips to Quebec and occasional travel to the US.
- Provides guidance of all HR related areas for Canada and New Hampshire managers ranging from day to day to areas of a complex nature.
- Manages day to day HR administration to ensure the proper and efficient application of policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with other HR function/team members to provide consistent services and practices to our employees at large.
- Teams with the talent acquisition team to provide recruitment and selection processes that builds organization capabilities to meet business objectives.
- Works closely with US Human Resources organization to properly plan the deployment of benefits, perks, compensation and HRIS programs.
- Reports all HR related activities and HR metrics as required.
- Partner with Total Rewards to review, manage and implement compensation and benefits programs that support business objectives in accordance to corporate guidance and ensures that they are well understood by both leaders and associates.
- Ensures appropriate training and development programs are in place to support operational objectives and strategies.
- Maintains compliance with all local, provincial and federal laws.
- Maintains industrial relations at the right level of engagement and support of associates to maintain a union free environment.
- Support the Environmental Health and Safety activities in the operations.
- Supports the Wellness initiatives in the locations.
- Engages in community affairs to maintain good relations with local community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies.
- Proven managerial and planning skills. Deep knowledge of Canadian employment laws and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated high level of collaboration including with remote business partners and HR centers of expertise.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and responsible.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer tools (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Bilingual - English/French.
- Change management and company integration.
- Normal office environment with some interaction with light manufacturing setting
- Ability to traverse stairs, hot and cold environments, lift to 30 lbs.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to travel commercially and internationally (travel approx. 20%)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; preferably in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology or related field.
- Master’s degree or CHRP/CHRL certification a plus.
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years of progressive experience in Human Resources management with knowledge and experience in the following: Employee Relations, Policies and Procedures, Canadian employment law, Performance Management, Benefits and Compensation Administration, Training and Development, and HRIS.
- Experience supporting a variety of functions including Commercial, Finance, Manufacturing and senior leadership levels.