Human Resources Generalist
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist (CONTRACT)
REPORTS TO: Director, Human Resources
LANGUAGE: Bilingual English and French
Your primary focus is to support the HR team, all SOCAN Business Units and affiliated companies during a transitional period. While operating under sound polices and the latest HR tools you will build solid working relationships with front line business leaders and support them in meeting their people and business strategies ensuring that best practices are followed.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate an ability to operate effectively in a complex environment, showing sound judgement, discretion and effective decision-making skills. You will apply these skills to areas such as organizational development, talent acquisition and development, employee relations and change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with leaders at all levels, cultivating mutual understanding and gaining influence.
- To be adaptable with business and priority changes.
- Strategic thinker with a growth mindset disposition
- Business acumen
- Influencing without authority
- Driving insights through data & analytics
- Ability to work effectively in a highly complex and matrixed partnership.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to build relationships with international networks
- Resiliency to handle shifting priorities and maintain demeanor in high intensity situations
- Strategic, Analytical and Systematic Thinking
- Results Oriented
- Growth Mindset
- Team player
- 5 – 7 years of progressive HR experience demonstrating knowledge of all functions of human resources including talent development, performance management, policy development, compensation, recruitment, employee relations and the ability to effectively leverage expertise to meet business requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in human resources management, industrial relations, or a related field
- Bilingual skills (French and English) is a MUST
- Knowledge of HR practices in US market a strong asset
- Knowledge of Ceridian’s HRMS “Dayforce” is an asset
- Project management skills are an asset
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume in English. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Skills may be tested and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Monday – Friday during the core business hours: 9 am – 5 pm
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday February 20, 2019.
Please apply directly to SOCAN's Career site at: http://www.socan.ca/about/careers to be considered for this role. Applications through email or regular mail will not be accepted.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review SOCAN's policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. Please direct any accommodation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed To Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly-owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work.
For more information on SOCAN please visit www.socan.ca