Director, Human Resources
POSITION TITLE: Director, Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Chief Administration Officer
LANGUAGE: Bilingual English and French
Job Description Summary
Based at the SOCAN head office in Toronto, this role reports to the Chief Administration Officer. Your primary focus as the Director Human Resources is to oversee and lead a team of HR business partners in the delivery of HR services and programs and act as a cross-functional and cross border strategic business partner for all SOCAN Business Units and affiliated companies. Building solid working relationships with senior and front-line business leaders and support them in meeting their people and business strategies, ensuring best practices are followed, and knowledge is transferred. You will accomplish this by developing strategic and operational plans; and offering new ideas, tools, data and analytics to proactively address critical operational and people challenges.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate an ability to operate effectively in a complex environment, showing sound judgement, discretion and effective decision-making skills. You will apply these skills to areas such as organizational development, talent acquisition and development, employee relations and change management initiatives.
- Minimum 12+ years of HR experience, of which approximately 5+ years in a senior HR leadership position demonstrating knowledge of all functions of human resources including talent development, performance management, policy development, succession planning, compensation (including pension), recruitment, employee relations and the ability to effectively leverage centres of expertise to meet business requirements.
- University degree with concentration in business/Human Resources and/or CHRL or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop a team through effective mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge and/or experience of HR practices in USA market and proven ability to navigate and deploy various HR elements to address different nuances
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with leaders, cultivating mutual understanding and gaining influence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in English and French.
- Proven experience in designing, managing and measuring strategies, including strong execution and change management
- Adaptable to business and priority changes.
- Strategic thinker with a growth mindset disposition
- Experienced in HR integration aspects relating to Merger & Acquisitions
- The ability to make difficult decisions to resolve complex problems and stand behind recommendations.
- Business acumen and budgeting
- Influencing without direct authority
- Driving insights though data & analytics
- Ability to work effectively in a highly complex and matrixed partnership.
- Strong external network and ability to build relationships with global networks
- Resiliency to handle shifting priorities and maintain demeanor in high intensity situations
- Minimal travel maybe required (Less than 5%)
As the leader of the SOCAN HR team, you will join us as we advance our HR modernization journey focused on transforming our function to one that is lean and agile; building HR programs and philosophies that foster innovation and collaboration; using up to date and modern tools to support SOCAN and its affiliated companies in our vision to be the leader in the global transformation of music rights.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Skills may be tested and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
Monday – Friday during the core business hours: 9 am – 5 pm
Please apply directly to SOCAN's Career site at: http://www.socan.ca/about/careers to be considered for this role. Applications through email or regular mail will not be accepted.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review SOCAN's policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. Please direct any accommodation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed To Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly-owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work.
For more information on SOCAN please visit www.socan.ca