Human Resources Business Partner - Burnaby, BC
Our business is designing, producing and distributing across the world high-quality products and services that every day help correct, protect and prevent risks to the visual health of the 7.4 billion people on our planet. This global health challenge is at the heart of our strategy and our mission: improving lives by improving sight.
Reporting directly to the Manager Human Resources – Operations, located in Montreal, the incumbent will play a counselling role to managers and employees of the Essilor Production Centre in Vancouver and all the regional service centres of Western Canada; a non-unionized group of approximately 200 employees. The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will ensure compliance with applicable legislation and will implement HR programs, policies and procedures. The HRBP will support the business and managers to influence the organization’s decisions by anticipating and measuring core human resources management activities for the benefit of our employees and the organizational effectiveness (performance management, talent development, labour relations, training, recruitment, compensation, etc.).
Work closely as a strategic HRBP with all directors and managers of the region in regard to all HR aspects to inspire our organization with our Principles and Values and enriched by our heritage and culture, ensure the company attracts and retains the best talents by providing an engaging work environment and contributing to the growth and performance of the organization.
• Provide coaching to managers and supervisors on a variety of HR activities, including managing our principles and values, employee engagement, employee training & development, performance management, attendance and absenteeism, health and safety and compensation administration;
• Promote and communicate HR management programs, policies and procedures;
• Apply legislation regarding the HR function in the production centre (Labour law, Human Rights, Health & Safety, Labour Relations, etc.);
• Play an active role in talent development programs, internal personnel transfers and promotions;
• Support all Managers in succession planning for all High Potentials;
• Ensure compliance with our principles and values and support Managers with HR programs, policies and procedures to facilitate the achievement of business objectives and promoting our mission and principles and values;
• Coordinate the staffing and recruiting activities; analyze the needs of the departmental managers, develop the recruiting strategy for each mandate, organize the selection interviews, conduct reference checks and prepare job offers;
• Support the orientation program for all new employees and supports the immediate superiors in that regard;
• Actively participate in promoting our mission and values to drive engagement and to promote a culture of performance;
• Participate in HR team projects and transfer results to the respectful region;
• Participate in employee relations projects to support the organization’s strategic vision and principles and values (improvement of the work atmosphere, recognition programs, health promotion, etc.);
• Coordinate termination activities and outplacement services.
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources or equivalent
• At least 5 years of experience in Human Resources in a medium/large company
• Experience in a production environment required
• Works effectively with Microsoft Office and Internet search vehicles
• ADP applications: People@work and WorkforceNow are an asset
• Great communication skills, optimal understanding of a counselling role, strong ability to listen and problem solve, customer service oriented
• Capacity to work within a team as well as independently. Works well at all levels within the organization and a great proactive decision maker.
• Ability to deal with information and delicate situations with the utmost confidentiality, tact and professionalism
• English (written and spoken), working knowledge of French would be an asset.
• Office and Production environment
• Main HR professional on location
• Direct Superior and HR colleagues located at the head office (Montreal)