Human Resources Generalist – Maternity Leave Contract
The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA is committed to protecting the investing public by delivering responsible and effective regulation, strengthening collaboration, knowledge and expertise, and promoting investor confidence.
Human Resources Generalist – Maternity Leave Contract (15 months) (Toronto Office)
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for coordinating and organizing all areas of the MFDA Human Resources Department and acts as a point of contact for employee inquiries, supporting the Director, Human Resources as required.
Provides assistance and guidance as it relates to company objectives pertaining to recruitment, employee relations, employment standards, as well as compensation and benefits.
- Developing: Participates in the development and execution of the company’s policies and procedures with respect to Human Resources. Recommends areas for development relating to performance appraisals, job descriptions and health and safety programs.
- Planning: Implements and promotes policies. Develops, researches, and compiles information to create and implement various strategies and policies. Coordinates the performance review process.
- Recruitment: Participates in full cycle recruitment, coordinates third party reference checks and maintains employee files. Maintains a relationship with Recruitment Agencies for temporary hiring and ad placement.
- Orientation: Facilitates new hire orientation including preparation of orientation packages, onboarding and coordinating the required IT and office training for the new incumbent.
- Training: Researches and coordinates various training programs for employee and management skills development. Member of the Staff Training Committee and assists in the planning and execution of Management training.
- Record Keeping: Maintains employee files and the HRMS, updates attendance and vacation records, benefit and pension forms, payroll forms, etc. Maintenance of company policies, HR departmental procedures, orientation manuals and health and safety records.
- Pension and Benefits: Ensures employees are offered enrolment in the MFDA Benefit Plan. Ensures pension/RRSP information packages are sent to employees for enrolment upon eligibility. Member of the Pension & Benefits Committee. Participates in benefits review and renewal process.
- Other Duties:
- Monthly Staffing Reports as well as other vacation and absence reports for payroll purposes
- Assists in the completion of industry compensation surveys
- Active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Active member of the All Staff Training Committee
- Assists in legal and policy matters
- Assists HR Director and Department Heads with other strategic initiatives and HR duties as required
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- HRPA member in good standing preferred
- CHRL or CHRP in progress preferred
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources best practices to administer HR programs and policies
- Proficient in Word and Excel; HRMS experience an asset
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment Standards and employee relations
- Knowledge of benefits and pension administration
- Three or more years of experience working within a Human Resources department
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with employees at all levels
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with employees and management
- Ability to keep informed on the changing Employment Standards and other Ministry of Labour policies
Please apply no later than March 15, 2019:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.