ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance youth learning in Africa. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
In the past decade, the Foundation has become one of the largest funders of youth learning and financial inclusion in Africa. The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. By enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure and sustain decent work, we will enable tangible and intrinsic improvements to their well-being. By 2030, we want to change the lives of 30 million people to see an Africa where young people, particularly young women, have decent and fulfilling work. Where everyone can acquire the education and skills they need to find meaningful work and contribute to their societies. Where everyone is financially included and has access to relevant, affordable, and local financial services that they need to manage their daily lives, grow their businesses, and achieve their dreams. Most importantly, we want to see an Africa with a thriving private sector and where governments address the needs of their populations through well-designed and implemented policies and programs, and where the continent is self-reliant and driving its own development.
The Foundation values innovative and fresh thinking as it strives to become a global thought leader. Its work is achieved by a strategic, nimble and adaptable team with a proactive and results-oriented approach to its philanthropic activities. The organization's culture is shaped by people who are driven and passionate about the Foundation's mission.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, People & Culture, the Coordinator will support all HR efforts including HR Administration, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards and Organizational Development & Talent Management. The Coordinator will primarily support the People & Culture team members with additional ad hoc support provided to all Foundation staff.
- Provide administrative support to the People & Culture department for all matters HR.
- Assist in the preparation of HR related documents; including offer letters, employment letters, visa letters and other correspondence.
- Assist with the onboarding process by preparing materials for new hire onboarding; including welcome packages, desk station set-up i.e. coordination with IT and Facilities.
- Support job description formatting and posting to the Foundation’s career portal and other external career website.
- Assist with administration and filing of documents.
- Monitor and help maintain the People & Culture email inbox.
- Assist with interview scheduling and logistics; including set up of AV equipment (i.e. webcam for Skype or Zoom).
- Submit, monitor and track background/reference checks for candidates with our third party service provider; manage issues and/or delays in service with the provider.
- Coordinate completion of mandatory new hire and annual training for all Foundation staff.
- Support members of the team with presentation, seminars and training include associated room logistics and scheduling.
- Update organizational charts on a regular basis with new hires and/or organizational promotions and changes.
- Other duties as assigned including the opportunity to support projects.
- Completion of a degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Post-graduate certificate in Human Resource Management is an asset.
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in a corporate office environment; previous experience in a dynamic, fast paced HR environment is an asset.
- Working towards CHRP designation.
- Experience or familiarity with HRIS (i.e. Dayforce, Workday, One Note, Office 365).
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm during high volume periods.
- Must be a team player, who can also work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Excellent judgement and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a sense of humour.
- Proactive and engaged with an ability to thrive in an environment of change.
- Strong communication and writing skills in English (written and spoken).
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Professional demeanor, sensitivity with different cultures and impeccable integrity.
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to People & Culture: email@example.com, indicating “Coordinator, People & Culture” in the subject line of your email. All applications are appreciated; however, please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Foundation, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We appreciate your interest, and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (criminal and credit) and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner