Manager, Talent Planning & Leadership Recruitment
LHSC is currently seeking a dynamic and seasoned Human Resources (“HR”) leader to join the organization as the Manager, Talent Planning and Leadership Recruitment.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Strategy, Wellness & Development, the Manager will be responsible for the design, direction and execution of talent management and leadership recruitment and selection strategies across our multi-site organization. The Manager champions initiatives to strengthen our employment brand, enable optimal leadership performance and increase the availability of leaders who are ready, willing and able to progress to next-level leadership roles. This role is also responsible for the leadership compensation program. The Manager is an integral part of the Talent Strategy, Wellness and Development department leadership team, partnering with leaders from other People & Culture “centres of excellence” to deliver superior human resources value to our clients.
The Manager will consistently demonstrate strong business acumen and emotional intelligence, possess significant talent management and leadership recruitment functional knowledge, and will bring at least nine years of progressive talent management experience, including several years leading teams of direct reports. Possessing a strong client service orientation, the ideal candidate has demonstrated experience modernizing talent and development practices and implementing change. The Manager, Talent Planning and Leadership Recruitment builds meaningful relationships with leadership teams across all levels of the organization, and demonstrates a high degree of trust, openness, and credibility. The Manager is highly attuned to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and how to embed them in LHSC’s talent management practices.
- Baccalaureate degree in Organizational Development, Leadership, Business Administration or other relevant discipline
- Related post-graduate education, or HR designation (CHRL) preferred
- Certified as a Leadership Coach
- Minimum five (5) years experience in progressively more responsible leadership roles within the Talent Management & Leadership Recruitment function in a healthcare environment, preferably in an acute care academic teaching hospital
- Demonstrated experience using sophisticated methods in the leadership of talent strategies and leadership development, preferably within a large, multi-site, professionalized workplace
- Experience supporting Senior Management and Executive clients
- Exceptional relationship building and problem solving, along with superior communication, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills grounded in emotional intelligence and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced and changing health care environment.
- Broad knowledge and experience in talent management, succession planning, organization design, leadership workforce planning, performance management, talent acquisition, leadership development, change management
- Demonstrated behaviours supporting our core values of Compassion, Teamwork, Curiosity and Accountability
- A demonstrated commitment to collaborative relationships and an ability to thrive in an environment that focuses on patient and family-centred care.