Director of Human Resources
About the role:
We’re currently looking for a Director of Human Resources to work from our Toronto studio. The Director of Human Resources will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to lead the development and delivery of human resources objectives, services and programs that are aligned with DIALOG’s business strategies, values and culture. The Director will play a key role in ensuring the HR strategies support recruiting, motivating, and retaining a highly engaged and highly effective workforce.
Our human resources team know that people are our greatest asset. They’re focused on developing DIALOGers to be their best through a culture of coaching, our Performance Development program, and continued learning. Their deep understanding of each generation in our workforce is the reason DIALOG constantly evolves as an employer and, in turn, attracts and retains the best people in the business.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Developing and facilitating strategies aligned with the organizational goals of the firm.
- Developing and directing a comprehensive workforce planning approach to support the acquisition, retention and optimization of talent.
- Communicating and influencing Senior Leaders regarding innovations in HR practices, changes in employment legislation and creating change management strategies to continue to evolve the DIALOG workplace environment and culture
- Providing guidance and leadership to the HR team, ensuring they provide excellent support to all stakeholders.
- Developing and executing an approach to all aspects of Human Resources such as Performance Management, Learning and Development, Recruitment, Benefits and Compensation.
- Identifying HR Metrics relevant to DIALOG business strategies, tracking and reporting on those metrics.
- Collaborating with managers across the organization to develop and maintain excellent internal communications.
- Frequent business travel is required (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and San Francisco).
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a HR Director or equivalent.
- 5+ years of managing a team of 5 or more.
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field. Related post graduate studies are beneficial.
- Strategic thinking capability and “hands on” plan implementation experience.
- Previous experience reporting to Executive Leadership Team or Board of Directors.
- Experience with business travel and working with a geographically dispersed HR team.
- Experience working within a professional services firm would be an asset.
Ready to start your journey?
Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to TorontoCareers@dialogdesign.ca with the subject line 'NAME - Director of Human Resources Application.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and DIALOG’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations are available upon request for candidates throughout the selection process.