APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE POSITION OF
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Non Union Level 13 - $41,569 - $51,961
NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION, DURATION TO BE DETERMINED BY FUNDING
CRITERIA FOR AN INTERVIEW ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- 2-year College Diploma in a Social Science, Human Resources or equivalent program(s) or an equivalent combination of education and Recruitment experience;
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in a recruitment or related environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a deadline oriented environment, while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent problem-solving, time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent client-service orientation with the ability to effectively perform the recruitment challenge function
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and under the direction of the Supervisor of Recruitment, the primary function of this position is to provide assistance with the management of all Recruitment related activities for non-union recruitment processes within the Board. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to Recruitment inquiries from hiring manager(s), potential applicants and the general public in a responsive and client-focused manner
- Arrange for, in consultation with the hiring manager(s), the advertising of positions or job vacancies through various avenues of sourcing
- Assist hiring managers with the development of recruitment and selection tools including interview questions
- Screen applications and resumes in a manner that is consistent with TCDSB’s policies and procedures
- Schedule interviews, administer and/or coordinate the administration of assessment tests
- Participate as member of Human Resources on interview panels as required
- Conduct reference checks
- Assist with the planning of, and, participate in recruitment campaigns and job fairs as required
- Provide advice and Recruitment support to clients in relation to relevant Human Resources policies and procedures
- Maintain recruitment files and follow-up systems
- Maintain strict confidentiality and performs tasks in a manner that is consistent with Human Resources best practices
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current Recruitment and selection best practices
- Maintain oversight of the Recruitment and selection process in a manner that is consistent with TCDSB’s policies and procedures and industry/Recruitment best practices
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, decision-making discretion (within established protocol and guidelines), tact and judgement
- Supporting the HR Liaison Desk duties on a rotational basis as required
- Perform other duties as assigned or required in support of the Recruitment section and Human Resources department
The TCDSB is committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please inform the Human Resources department, at the time of your application, of any requirement for accommodation in order for us to assess all candidates in a fair and equitable manner. Documentation to support the accommodation may be requested as required prior to the implementation of the accommodation measures.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed résumé, cover letter, and any related educational documents, and reference letters, no later than Friday, March 22, 2019.
Applications are to be submitted online through Apply To Education.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note, candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide original applicable education documents.
More searches like this
- Educational Institutions and Services - Post-Secondary Talent Management / Workforce Planning Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario
- Educational Institutions and Services - Secondary Talent Management / Workforce Planning Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario