Manager, Human Resources
The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for all support functions pertaining to recruitment, performance management, other program development and administration, adherence to relevant legislation and regulations, and best employment practices with emphasis on the delivery, execution and continuous improvement of HR policy and procedures, employee relations, and Health and Safety all in alignment with the NWHU strategic plan.
She/he will provide leadership in the development of a strategic human resources function that supports the organization’s objectives to fulfill its mission. She/he will also provide professional and technical guidelines, support and direction and foster both internal and external partnerships.
- Baccalaureate degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years related experience in managing, developing and delivering human resources programs & services and labour relations.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of best practices regarding employment, labour relations, occupational health & safety, compensation and benefits, job evaluation, recruitment & retention, training & development, performance management, collective agreements, HRIS and organizational design programs.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all legislation/regulations pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues diplomatically and confidentially.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted via email only at: email@example.com
Applicants must reference posting #2019-02
Applicants who do not receive an auto-generated receipt response should contact Human Resources at (807) 468-3147 x301253 and leave a message.
Deadline for Applications: Open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.