Bernstein Diet & Health Clinics is seeking to hire a HRIS Analyst to join our Human Resources (HR) team. We are looking for an innovator that will help us identify areas to improve existing HRIS/Excel processes, functionality and workflow, and maximize technological capabilities to reduce manual processes and to improve data integrity and efficiency within various systems. This role will own the HRIS/Excel system and will ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools.
- Act as a system administrator, advisor and expert for the HR team; serve as primary liaison with system provider(s), identifying and managing day-to-day issues, and ensuring effective delivery of HRIS applications. Including but not limited to:
- Coordinate system upgrades/enhancements of new/existing modules, interface testing, documentation, training, and communication.
- Analyze current work processes, identify gaps, and recommend improvements to provide more effective use HRIS systems & Excel Data bases.
- Ensure data quality and integrity is maintained across the system, up to date and accurate. Act as the primary liaison for vendor communication.
- Build dashboard and reports for reviewing KPIs and extract relevant information.
- Provide outstanding quality support to internal and external users with a high degree of customer service and technical expertise.
- Explain technical expertise to non-technical co-workers.
- Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of relevant product offerings, scope documents, and current policies and procedures in order to provide accurate solutions.
- Administer/Co-ordinate data entry/maintenance into the systems.
- Determine the validity of other modules within available software and ensure current modules are being utilized and optimized to the fullest.
- Issue ownership from initial point of contact to call resolution which includes supporting escalations if appropriate and providing user updates recommended solutions.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining user calls, problem/description detail integrity in call tracking system.
- Serve as the project manager to coordinate system upgrades/enhancements, internal interfaces, testing, documentation, training, communication and optimization reviews as well as roll out and launch of new modules.
- Consistently model the highest levels of support orientation and professionalism.
- Develop a regular monthly audit schedule to review the integrity of data in the system and databases.
- Foresees potential challenges and comes prepared with solutions problem to solve variety of problems.
- Maintain a pulse on the world of HRIS Systems offerings and advise/present viable options to HR Management.
- Serve as the primary liaison for annual data testing and auditing for HR team and other compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess -
- A post-secondary diploma in Human Resources and/or Accounting, Business, IT systems or related field.
- Five+ (5+) years’ in-depth experience with various HRIS, Excel and web-based systems; proficiency with Saba Talent Space/Kronos preferred (a combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Window Operating Systems/Applications as well as communication applications.
- Experience in reports and dashboard development
- Experience analyzing the HRIS systems in order to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Experience with critical analysis is required as to analyze numbers, trends, and data and come to recommended conclusions based on findings.
- Experience using an automated payroll system, from a systems end to end process lens, in a unionized environment; experience in Kronos/ Saba Talent Space payroll & compensation management modules an asset.
- Experience in handling difficult or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Microsoft Excel super user (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, databases).
- Leading projects/project management experience required; Project Management (PMP) certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of HR/ payroll legislation, to include CRA, WSIB, EHT, Income Tax Act, Personal Information Protection Act and group insurance policies and Employment Standards.
- Superior customer service skills; customer-focused, positive and professional attitude.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analysis, problem determination and troubleshooting skills with the ability to know when to escalate.
- Ability to multitask, including multiple high priority issues and able to set and manage expectations.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills