HR Project Manager - Dayforce Implementation
Our client, a fast-growing mid-sized Canadian food manufacturer located in the west side of the GTA, has an exciting opportunity for a skilled and enthusiastic Project Manager to assist their HR team with various portions of their Ceridian Dayforce implementation project. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources on a 3-6-month contractual basis, you will work closely with various internal stakeholders and help lead the organization through the transition and implementation of Dayforce, greatly improving HR operations and customer service levels. The primary focus of this role is to help the HR team leverage the full capabilities of this new system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with the vendor implementation team to ensure project implementation proceeds as per agreed-to timelines and solutions are found that address requirements
- Work with key personnel in each department to gain an understanding of how the new system will impact their work and develop any change management and training activities as necessary
- Create roadmap of development and manage project, tracking execution deadlines and milestones and managing stakeholder plans for execution
- Work with internal groups such as Finance and IT as needed during implementation
- Track status and activities and issue reports to Director HR and/or Senior Management
- Assist with the implementation of various modules that are still in progress
- Conduct the proper change management activities (people, process and technology) as changes to current processes and technology are made
- Configure performance review, succession planning and 360◦ feedback templates into clear and user-friendly formats
- Assist with the set-up of wage administration processes
- Establish communications strategy in cooperation with the Director of HR to keep key stakeholders informed during implementation as well as general information for all staff
- Manage and resolve post-implementation issues
- Perform some technical configuration (set up flow, reports, templates)
- Manage day to day questions and issues that arise
- Work directly with the Dayforce team as a point of contact
Key Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or college diploma in HR, business management or similar
- Extensive previous Ceridian Dayforce implementation experience, including configuration, troubleshooting, training supporting a team with Dayforce Recruitment and Performance modules
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from the concept stage to that of a well-defined project (with timelines and methodologies defined and agreed to) by leading thorough assessment of stakeholder needs. This includes gathering, analyzing, documenting information, priorities, resources, limiting factors, etc.
- Fluent in project management/tracking software/tools such as MS Project, Gaant charts, MS Excel
- Experience managing vendor activities and relationships and its integration within a program
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Persuasive with ability to motivate others without direct authority; expertise in team building
- Exception communication skills (verbal and written) as well as formal presentation skills
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is an asset.
- High energy and a positive outlook, ability to keep things moving despite potential challenges
- This position will involve occasional travel to client facilities (within the GTA) so access to a reliable vehicle is required.
Please note that while we appreciate all expressions of interest, we can only respond to those candidates who will be interviewed.