Human Resources Manager
Job Posting: Manager, Human Resources
Good Shepherd Ministries serves homeless, disadvantaged and marginalized individuals in down town Toronto. We are currently seeking a creative and dynamic Human Resources Manger to support the effective functioning and future expansion of our operation by maintaining established human resources policies and practices and reinforcing the Mission Vision and Values of Good Shepherd Ministries.
This position will report to the Assistant Executive Director.
- To provide service in a dignified, respectful and hospitable manner that reflects the Mission, Vision and Values of Good Shepherd Ministries
- To observe all health and safety rules and regulations and to exercise his/her managerial responsibilities in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and specifically:
- To provide support and guidance to all Managers and department heads on issues related to Health and Safety.
- To be responsible for all aspects of recruitment, hire qualified coworkers and to maintain effective employee relations
- To assume responsibility for the proper orientation and training of new co-workers and fulfilling the ongoing training requirements of all co-workers in accordance with Good Shepherd Ministries policy, Shelter Standards and current legislation.
- To provide direct supervision of the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
- To oversee the calculation of a bi-weekly payroll in accordance with Employment Standards, Good Shepherd Ministries policy and the Collective Agreement.
- To manage WSIB claims, return to work etc as required
- To oversee and organize, analyse and prepare employee reports such as the seniority list, anniversary date, attendance, vacation and sick leave and other records and reports as required by Good Shepherd Ministries policy and the Collective Agreement.
- To update management on Human Resources, Health and Safety and other related legislations which directly affect Good Shepherd Ministries.
- To assist with the Labour contract negotiations as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of hospitality, compassion, faith and acceptance.
- Hospitable in dealings with clients, the public, volunteers, coworkers, and other key stakeholders.
- Available and responsive to the needs of others.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and to handle unpredictable situations in an assertive manner.
- Creativity and flexibility in achieving desired outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, computer, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience as an HR Manager.
- A University degree plus a certificate in Human Resources Management and achievement and maintenance of the Certified Human Resources Practitioner (CHRP) designation.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certification training and WHMIS training.
This is a full-time, 40 hours a week, position. This position qualifies for benefits such as group RRSP and extended health care benefit after successful completion of probation.
Please send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR by regular mail: to the attention of Human Resources, 412 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON, M5A 1T3 Application will be accepted until midnight March 31, 2019
Thank you for those who applied, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.