Talent Acquisition Partner
Job Summary and Scope:
The Talent Acquisition Partner will be responsible for the full life-cycle recruitment process for Canada by partnering with management to meet strategic hiring needs/requirements of the business. Develop forward-looking strategic sourcing plans in partnership with business leaders. Stay abreast of marketplace trends and competitor practices in order to educate management and build/maintain a competitive advantage for Veritiv.
- Full-cycle recruitment for open positions & potential future openings to include: advertise, recruit, screen, interview, and assess candidates to ensure highly qualified interested candidates are presented to hiring managers.
- Interview candidates to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities compared to job scope and requirements. Evaluate candidate fit to company needs and make recommendation to hiring managers based on these interviews. Manage candidate experience including positioning the opportunity & company, phone screens, coordinate interview schedules, summarize feedback and make hiring recommendations.
- Identify and utilize internal and external resources available to assist in proactively seeking talent in a competitive recruiting environment.
- Develop short and longer term sourcing strategies by partnering with assigned business leaders and hiring managers.
- Manage position vacancies using an applicant tracking system (ATS) to include: posting vacancies, searching the database, reviewing resumes, forwarding resumes and maintaining candidate activity. Train hiring managers on the ATS so they may effectively select qualified candidates.
- Provide expertise and guidance to business unit senior management to meet their strategic staffing needs. Analyze results of staffing reports to determine trends, critical issues, and gaps in both the short and long-term complete with recommendations of future actions.
- Negotiate offers and manage the offer approval process in accordance with policy and procedures. Administer pre-employment assessments (if applicable) to ensure the company attracts, employs and maintains hiring practices for a diverse workforce.
- Manager other Talent Acquisition projects and programs as assigned.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Bilingualism (English/French) preferred
- Ability to utilize a variety of sources including: social media, internet sourcing, headhunting, networking in recruitment circles, and research.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills
- Must have ability to exercise good judgment with demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to partner Talent Acquisition team members and other members of the Human Resources organization to provide outstanding customer service to internal customers.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing business conditions and shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of experience in high volume full life-cycle recruiting environment
- Distribution and/or transportation industry experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience with ATS, databases and Human Resources Information Systems
- Demonstrated experience in identifying top talent using direct sourcing methods to include research, cold calling, internet searches, community groups, etc.