Human Resource Generalist
Role Mandate: Providing “client first” HR support to a dynamic workforce of hourly and salaried team members. Reporting to the HR Manager this role will offer intermediate level HR support with the focus on employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, policy administration, benefits administration, payroll support as well as leading HR projects and best practice initiatives.
The HR Generalist position adds value by taking initiative and contributing to HR excellence. Your excellent decision making and problem solving skills coupled with strong communication skills both verbal and written, will allow you to present your recommendations to influence and engage others.
The successful candidate is a strong team player who is enthusiastic, resourceful and results-driven HR Generalist. You do the right thing and have a passion for excellence. You enjoy what you do, assume accountability of your work and this shows in the support extended to the HR team and the business.
12-18 month contract
Specifically the responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- First point of contact to assist with employee enquiries ensuring appropriate follow-up and responsiveness.
- Analyze complaints, conduct investigations in accordance with Company policies and legislation requirements and provide recommendations.
- Provide advice to hourly leadership team on employee relations issues like attendance management, conflict management and progressive discipline process.
- Build effective relationships with internal teams to understand their business goals to proactively identify and implement solutions that align with organizational values and strategies.
- Recommend and coordinator training and development for hourly client groups.
Research, Reporting, and Metrics
- Maintain reports generated to update senior leadership and HR on key performance indicators.
- Leveraging HRIS retrieve and provide data to business leaders for various needs including performance review completion status, annual vacation entitlements etc.
- Maintain organizational chart updates.
- Prepares monthly headcount reports.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to management and employees regarding the interpretation of Company policies.
- Assist with performance review process, annual merit and incentive payout process.
- Demonstration pro-activeness in identifying solutions to simplify, automate and improve processes, HR initiatives, policies etc.
- Manage and maintain the HR shared drive and SharePoint site.
- Maintain employee records in a secured and confidential manner.
- Develop, administer and maintain facility wide HR communications.
- HRIS administration and maintenance including report generating.
- Document HR processes in order to provide consistent, efficient and effective support to the business.
- Administer all HR transactions (exits, new hires, transfers, promotions) in accordance with HR process.
- Manage termination process (i.e. conducting exits, exit interviews, processing of terminations etc.)
- Facilitate annual merit, bonus processes, incentive payouts for hourly and salaried client groups (spreadsheet management, communications, manage follow up, liaison with corporate compensation and HRIS teams).
Benefits & Pension Administration
- Administer employee benefit & pension plans by performing initial benefit/pension information sessions and enrolment with employees, responding to benefit/pension enquiries and leading all pension and benefit communication.
- Lead, coordinate and administer all aspects of claims management (STD, LTD, LOA, Accommodation Requests) and help facilitate timely and safe return to work.
- Monthly reconciliation of employee benefits deductions and monthly insurance bill
- Benefit and pension plan administration including employee set-up, terminations, changes etc. Accurately enter new hire information into Benefits provider website in a timely manner.
- Liaison with Benefits and Pension provider maintaining a positive relationship.
- Process billing for group benefits on a monthly basis. Ensure remittance/premiums validated prior to payment.
- Oversee the tracking of claims experience by monitoring and reporting on claims vs. premiums paid. Highlighting trends and issues as they arrive.
- Work closely with finance supporting billing, remittance, compliance.
- Proactively identify and recommend process improvements, implement and document processes.
Employee Engagement Initiatives
- Actively participate in department, Corporate and facility meetings as required.
- Planning, organizing and executing various HR sponsored meetings/events (i.e. service awards, lunch and learns, monthly round tables, pension overview sessions).
- Assist with annual engagement survey administration, including tracking progress and providing updates to the business in a timely manner.
- Actively participate on Employee Involvement Committee.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- University Degree in related field and are working toward/obtained your CHRL designation.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation through CPA would be an asset.
- Certified Benefits Professional/Certified Employee Benefits Specialist would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience with extensive knowledge of employment legislation across provinces, employee relations experience and HR Practices.
- Excellent understanding of employee legislation as it relates to payroll, benefits and pension administration
- Payroll administration experience/Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner would be an asset.
- Exceptional team player demonstrating a strong commitment to the business and getting the job done with high standards.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently while demonstrating the ability to exercise mature judgment and decision-making.
- Strong customer service, relationship building, judgment skills, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated discretion and ability to maintain confidential information and proven ability to manage diverse relationships in the business.
- Strong computer skills: Workday, Microsoft Suite including, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Viso, Outlook.
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.