Director of Learning and Development
Developing and building programs is your passion…
As our Director of Learning and Development, you will lead the company’s People Learning and Development strategy. You will also develop programs and resources to increase employee engagement as well continue to create an irresistible employee experience.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering, evaluating and managing firm-wide learning and career development programs, which align with, and enable the strategic and organizational direction for the company. In this role, you will work closely with the SVP, People and Growth, the Human Resources Business Partners, Talent Management, Internal Communications, and the various functional leads in Compensation and Talent Acquisition.
Focus areas will be within the functional areas of organizational development, workforce planning, and career development across all levels.
As our Director of Learning and Development, you will:
- Develop/Manage and implement: Softchoice Manager, Leadership and Personal Leadership Development Programs, collaborating with the Sales Excellence team to ensure the functional/technical training aligns with the core programs
- Develop and implement Change Leadership and Coaching Capabilities programs
- Develop High-touch Top Talent Coaching and Development plan support
- Enable strengthened adoption of LinkedIn learning offerings
- Lead the Learning and Development workstream for the implementation of Success Factors
- Steward the development of a company-wide career pathing approach
- Maintain and update company-wide e-Orientation program
- Maintain and update existing manager and leadership development programs
- Incorporate Generational know-how and learning styles into Development approaches
- Partner with Internal Communications on cultural anchors
- Partner with Internal Communications and Talent Acquisition on Employer Branding
- Revitalize the competency based Softchoice Leadership Model
- Steward the overall internal Learning Management System (Softchoice University) while partnering with key stakeholders for respective functional or technical content/curriculum
- Create, develop, communicate and maintain the non-technical learning curriculum, ensuring all curriculum meets corporate strategic initiatives, style and culture
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners and Department Heads to establish learning curriculum (excluding technical requirements i.e. certification, sales skills) that meets the needs of each department and their members
- Evaluate effectiveness of all courses, both by internal and external instructors to ensure learning enables attainment of the organizational needs and learning standards. Obtain and maintain learning effectiveness ratings for all instructors. Provide regular feedback to instructors to ensure they continue to meet the expectations for delivery and content
- Ensure all courses are effectively communicated internally by using a variety of methods and media. Maintain knowledge base of changing and emerging developments within the industry and externally in order to anticipate, plan and present courses on emerging issues utilizing new and innovative delivery methods
- Research available learning sources for appropriate content and method information to be used as resources and future learning partners
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- 15 years of business experience, including progressively senior HR roles
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Human Resource Management with a CHRE and/or a Master’s degree in HR Management or Organizational Development preferred
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing and implementing culture changing process to elevate performance and engagement
- Knowledge about cross generational values and motivators
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Learning and Development with strong technology skills
- Curriculum development experience with the ability to craft content designed to meet the needs of participants at varying levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communication, motivate, cooperate and influence with all levels of staff
- Knowledge of the principles of organizational development and adult learning and education
- Classroom teaching experience an asset
- Strong business skills specifically in the areas of learning and development and administration
- High level of planning and organizing work
- Ability to function as a coach at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives for and organization.
- Ability to define priorities and to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated technical competence in multiple disciplines (organizational development, training, recruitment & selection, change management, HR planning)
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you’ve applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 13 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice. Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
*Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know in your application or reach out to email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.