Total Rewards Consultant
Job Posting Number: 2019-047
Position: Total Rewards Consultant
Location: Mississauga (Derry)
Reports to: Manager, Total Rewards & Analytics
Business Unit: People & Safety
Division: People & Safety
Hours per Week: 35
Rate of Pay: Commensurate with range and candidate’s experience
Number of Openings: 1
Open: March 15, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the Total Rewards Consultant/Specialist supports the research, development, implementation and delivery of total rewards programs & analytics. This role partners with other groups within People & Safety and consults across the company to provide subject matter expertise.
- In partnership with key stakeholders, develop and implement total rewards programs, policies, plans, and processes
- Responsible for the delivery of total rewards programs including the annual merit review process and variable pay programs
- Manage the submission of compensation surveys and benchmarking data
- Provides expertise on job design/descriptions, job evaluation and compensation recommendations
- Works with external vendors and consultants as it relates to compensation and benefits
- Ensure compliance with legislation including pay equity
- Responsible for researching and recommending best practices as it relates to total rewards and analytics
- Designs and delivers various reports including People & Safety Dashboard
- Supporting regular audits of HRMS data and reconciliations to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Provide ad-hoc total rewards analytics and reporting
Skills & Qualifications:
Education & Specialized Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related discipline
- Compensation and/or Benefits designation preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of compensation, benefits, job analysis, administration of merit and variable pay programs, pay equity legislation and plans
- Proficiency with MS Office applications with advanced Excel skills and HRIS expertise
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in total rewards, compensation, benefits and/or pension
- Experience dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience in a unionized utility environment an asset
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with confidential, sensitive information
- Analytical and problem solving with superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong planning skills, with the ability to assess the impact of decisions
- Excellent written and presentation skills, with the ability to organize and convey information in a compelling way
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects and initiatives within established timelines
- Strong conflict negotiation skills, with the ability to influence and resolve difficult situations
- Must hold and maintain a valid class “G” driver’s license
- Work performed in an environment with minor or almost no exposure to disagreeable or challenging working conditions.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume via our Careers page at www.alectrautilities.com/careers/
Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, or need assistance in applying for the posting, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also submit a resume for us to keep on file and review as new opportunities arise that might be the right fit for your skills and experience.
Alectra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a recruitment process that respects the dignity and independence of all candidates. Should you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment, assessment and selection process please consult with Alectra’s People Team.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Alectra. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.