Manager, Organizational Development
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a
Manager, Organizational Development
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Manager of Organizational Development will act as a change catalyst and support the Michael Garron Hospital Strategic Plan and Human Resources People Plan to drive excellence in leadership and staff performance. Working closely with stakeholders, the manager will design, develop and project manage organizational development and change management initiatives across the organization consistent with the mission and vision of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH).
The Manager, Organizational Development is a dynamic and hands-on leader who is passionate about learning and change management. They will be responsible for supporting the hospital’s Organizational Development priorities including fostering a culture of learning; facilitating engagement, growing leadership excellence and developing people and teams to ensure organizational effectiveness.
This is a Temporary Full-Time position, contract ends May 2020.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development, Adult Education or Human Resources, required.
- Master’s degree in related field with relevant experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development, required.
- Certification in relevant and current assessment tools (e.g. MBTI, Emotional Intelligence), an asset.
- 5 years of progressive experience in an Organizational Development role or facilitating adult education required (healthcare environment preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year leadership experience, including interfacing with senior management required.
- Proven ability in leading, creating and implementing organizational effectiveness and learning development initiatives in large organizations is required. This includes areas such as succession planning, leadership development, organizational development, large scale change implementation, and employee engagement.
- Current knowledge of a variety of adult learning techniques, including appreciative inquiry, accelerated learning techniques, positive deviance, e-learning program design and development and competency based programming and evaluation, required.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects utilizing project management methodology required; experience with vendor management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff and leaders, drive change and influence the adoption of new ideas is required.
- Proven experience in needs assessments, instructional design of solutions aligned to adult learning principles, and effective marketing and evaluation of educational programs is required.
- Well-developed coaching, facilitation and presentation skills, along with proven ability to develop, coach and lead high performing teams is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including demonstrated knowledge of emotional intelligence and experience with writing proposals and reports is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to effectively build strong trusting relationships with others at all levels in the organization is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with ambiguity in a fast paced work environment is required.
- Flexible with a demonstrated ability to work well independently and with a diverse team of professionals is required.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate senior leaders through complex issues required.
- Evidence of Labour and Employee Relations skills, including strong leadership, performance management, and competency based models and conflict resolution skills preferred.
- Experience with budget development and variance monitoring an asset.
- Proven interest in self-development and in facilitating the development of others with a commitment to personal on-going learning, growth and professional development.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating “EDSER1901 – Manager, Organizational Development” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart