Associate, Total Rewards & Mobility (12-month Contract)
About Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance youth learning in Africa. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. By enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure and sustain decent work, we will enable tangible and intrinsic improvements to their well-being. By 2030, we want to see an Africa where young people, particularly young women, have decent and fulfilling work. Where everyone can acquire the education and skills they need to find meaningful work and contribute to their societies. Where everyone is financially included and has access to relevant, affordable, and local financial services that they need to manage their daily lives, grow their businesses, and achieve their dreams. Most importantly, we want to see an Africa with a thriving private sector and where governments address the needs of their populations through well-designed and implemented policies and programs, and where the continent is self-reliant and driving its own development.
The Foundation values innovative and fresh thinking as it strives to become a global thought leader. Its work is achieved by a strategic, nimble and adaptable team with a proactive and results-oriented approach to its philanthropic activities. The organization’s culture is shaped by people who are driven and passionate about the Foundation’s mission.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards & Mobility, the Associate will provide subject matter expertise to support the build out of best-in-class compensation and benefits programs including a global mobility framework to support growth and expansion across Africa. They will provide support for all matters related to compensation, benefits and global mobility in line with the core People and Culture model and philosophy. In this position you will be an individual contributor supporting the Senior Manager as needed.
- Support the planning and implementation of compensation systems, employee benefits, retirement schemes.
- Support the delivery of a global mobility framework and all associated processes and policies applicable to both Canada and Africa; including partnering with the proper technical expertise relating to international assignments (i.e. work permits, income tax, relocation, local legislation, etc.).
- Ensures Total Rewards plans are implemented, operated and communicated with excellence; meets all applicable laws and regulations in each jurisdiction and meets all internal and external requirements regarding financial and operational controls.
- Works with the Senior Manager and various vendors supporting the Foundation’s global compensation and mobility programs.
- Analyzes data from benchmarking, identify processes and tools that add value to the Foundation’s compensation strategy in Africa.
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager to manage the compensation process; year-end increase process is completed and approved on time, etc.
- Partners with the Senior Manager to research, develop, write and update policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs cross-functional activities and/or other duties, as required.
- University degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in compensation and benefits field with experience implementing new programs.
- Knowledge of total compensation principles and experience in compensation and benefits program design. Knowledge of the African business environment and principles would be an asset.
- Experience in benefits management and administration.
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and learn about the dynamics of the Foundation to align our compensation strategy with operations in multiple countries.
- Experience with start-up organizations would be an asset.
- Knowledge of data and financial analysis, quantitative analytic techniques and financial analysis.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple complex priorities concurrently.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual thinking and excellent judgement.
- Strong judgement, interpersonal, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong written communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels and be able to work individually or in a team environment.
Please email your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com, indicating “Associate, Total Rewards & Mobility (Contract)” in the subject line of your email. All applications are appreciated; however, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Foundation and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We appreciate your interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (criminal and credit) and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.