Human Resources Business Partner
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Because a changing industry calls for a new way of doing things. An ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, we offer exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, Economical is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies. We rely on our national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions. With Sonnet and Petline, we’re extending our reach through the direct-to-customer channel. With more than 2,400 active employees across the country and a commitment to rethinking the insurance experience, we’re poised for great things.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role, you will:
- Be a trusted advisor for senior leaders across all aspects of HR including employee relations, recruitment and staffing, compensation, talent review, organization design, change management, resource planning, learning and career development.
- Be the voice of the business within HR as well as being accountable for presenting a unified voice of HR to the business.
- Partner with business leaders to drive toward the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within HR on the design, implementation, and sustainment of HR systems and processes that enable the successful achievement of strategic business goals.
- Assess needs and barriers in order to drive business performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions
- You will partner with leaders on developing short and long term people strategies and annual goal setting processes to ensure alignment to business group’s strategic priorities.
- You’ll provide strategic HR consulting services to senior leader on HR programs, practices, policies, legislation and regulatory requirements including interpretation of policy, identification of risk, impact to the business and recommended solutions.
- You will guide and influence decisions on talent management, including succession planning, assessing candidates, and identification of enterprise wide talent.
- You will provide thoughtful and effective coaching to senior leaders on performance management, structural and staffing issues, including: compensation, organization design, change management, employee engagement, and overall organizational effectiveness.
- You will partner with other HR functions to effectively provide business context for the design, development and implementation of HR programs (e.g. performance assessment planning, talent management activities including assessment of potential and succession planning, compensation reviews, etc.)
- Interpret and analyze management information and data to assist in making appropriate business decisions based on HR metrics and trends for business unit.
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree or College diploma.
- CHRL designation or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible and related experience in Human Resources including Performance Management, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Organizational Change Management, Organization Design, Compensation principles as well as policies and related legislation.
- Experience working in the financial services industry is an asset.
- Strong analytic capability to identify and diagnose complex business challenges and provide solutions that align both strategy and talent decisions to achieve organizational objectives.
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of initiatives and programs.
- Exceptional stakeholder credibility with a proven ability to influence C-suite executives.
- Experience collaborating with team members and HR COE partners to define, diagnose and deliver on business challenges/needs.
- Strong business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes.
- Excellent influencing skills that drive stakeholders to action on HR recommendations.
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Economical Insurance includes the following companies: Economical Mutual Insurance Company, Family Insurance Solutions Inc., Sonnet Insurance Company, Petline Insurance Company.