Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Sullivan Mahoney is seeking a permanent, full time Human Resources Manager to join our leadership team. Founded in 1953, our Firm has established a tradition of integrity, skill and professionalism in all that we do. We have earned a reputation for excellent service, dedication, commitment and results. We firmly believe in professional development and strive to continually learn and grow to better serve our clients.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Firm’s HR strategy in alignment with the Firm’s strategic goals. The Human Resources Manager will provide generalist support and expertise that spans all functional areas of HR including policy development, recruitment, training and development, employee relations, performance management, coaching, compensation and benefits and health and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a resource and subject matter expert on all HR-related matters.
- Works with leaders and staff to develop human resource strategies and programs that address the needs and strategic plans of the Firm.
- Facilitates the hiring of new employees by preparing job postings, reviewing applications, short-listing applicants, developing interview guides, participating in interviews, conducting background checks and preparing employment contracts.
- Takes applicable “train the trainer” courses to facilitate training to team or sources relevant third-party vendor training as needed.
- Advises the leadership team on employee relations issues including disciplinary and termination processes.
- Develops and implements an effective performance management and coaching program focused on improving employee performance and driving results.
- Develops a compensation and benefits strategy and maintains the program ensuring compensation is competitive with the market while managing Firm costs.
- Provides ongoing health and safety support and guidance to leaders and employees.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ progressive experience in a generalist Human Resources leadership role.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a professional services firm is an asset.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical HR initiatives.
- In-depth working knowledge of all legislation that affects human resources and employment functions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills including mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to handle employee issues in a professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and HRMS software.
- Completion of a CHRP or CHRL designation.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Sullivan Mahoney will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.