Director of Talent & Culture
Are you an experienced HR Generalist with a passion for fostering a high performance-oriented culture with strong employee engagement?
Do you have experience managing a small team to provide exceptional guidance and support to employees at all levels?
Have you demonstrated keen business acumen and strong HR service delivery practices?
Are you comfortable working in both a strategic and hands-on capacity to execute exciting HR initiatives?
Then you could be our ideal candidate and we would like to hear from you!
Our purpose and passion are to help Canada’s young entrepreneurs succeed.
Futurpreneur Canada, (“Futurpreneur”) has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young entrepreneurs for over two decades. We are Canada’s only national, not-for-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship, and support to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Futurpreneur’s 90 employees have supported young entrepreneurs in founding more than 1,000 new businesses in each of the last three years, spanning every province and territory. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of The Prince’s Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Learn more about us here: www.futurpreneur.ca - Futurpreneur - @Futurpreneur
Futurpreneur is seeking a Director of Talent & Culture to foster a high-performance environment and exceptional employee experience for our 90 team members across Canada as they work to help young entrepreneurs flourish.
The Director of Talent & Culture will support the organization in attracting, developing and retaining a talented and engaged workforce while fostering a positive organizational culture based on trust, collaboration and shared purpose. Reporting directly to the CEO as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Talent & Culture will play a key role in working with the CEO and cross-functional leaders to achieve these two people-focused priorities.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and experienced HR leader, who thrives working in a purpose-focused organization and will embrace and facilitate Futurpreneur’s purposeful evolution toward a performance-oriented culture to maximize our impact in helping young entrepreneurs succeed. As our Director of Talent & Culture, you will guide and support managers across the organization, recommend and help to implement necessary improvements to teams and structures, develop and maintain excellent internal communications at all levels, and foster positive team dynamics. You will deliver successful people-focused initiatives that are measured by improved employee engagement and positive shifts in culture.
The Director of Talent & Culture will also continue to evolve and implement HR programs and services related to recruitment, performance management, compensation, learning and career development, succession planning, leadership development, and employee engagement, to drive our business outcomes. A critical part of this role will be to ensure that the HR function is organized and managed to meet Futurpreneur’s workforce and organizational priorities.
Key objectives of this position include:
• Be an effective business partner for all business units and people leaders, engaging and supporting them to deliver as part of a high-performance team, driving results and employee engagement; be an advocate for employees as needed.
• Develop and support managers through coaching and learning and development initiatives thatsupport the development of talent, teamwork and build strong management practices.
• Develop and execute one- and three-year HR plans, establish evaluation criteria and report metrics to drive Futurpreneur’s key talent and culture priorities, in collaboration with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
• Provide consultation and coaching on HR priorities related to employee relations, talent development and performance management, recruitment & selection of key roles, role evaluation/compensation, legal & procedural compliance, and organizational development.
• Help foster a human-centered, values-driven culture to enable our diverse team to provide the best possible support to young entrepreneurs launching businesses.
• Lead, guide and manage the HR team to ensure they provide excellent support to all stakeholders.
• Maintain a keen understanding of Futurpreneur’s business strategies, challenges and opportunities in order to proactively shape the people priorities to achieve the business strategies.
• Assess and evolve HR guidelines, policies and procedures as needed to ensure alignment with culture, be in compliance with legislative requirements, and reflect emerging talent & culture trends.
• Other duties as required.
• CHRP/CHRL certification or demonstrated knowledge of human resources theory and related practice (e.g. job design and evaluation, recruitment and selection, employee relations, training and development, job evaluation and compensation and benefits.
• Five to eight years of progressive Human Resources leadership or business partner experience is required, including three years of experience directly managing people.
• Ability to move between the strategic and day to day needs of an organization and its employees.
• Demonstrated success providing all aspects of business partner support across multiple office locations, with a superior service mindset.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead, gain respect, and collaborate across the organization, coaching, influencing and managing relationships, including conflict resolution. • Understands and exemplifies the need for confidentiality, discretion, respect, integrity, kindness and candour in all HR dealings.
• Sound analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills with an ability to understand broad complex business issues. • Previous experience working in high-performance organizations, environments experiencing change or transformation, and non-profit organizations would be very beneficial.
• Initiative taker, positive attitude, proactive and naturally leads by example.
• Passionate about working in a collaborative team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Fluent English (written and oral) is essential; ability to communicate in French with our francophone bilingual team members would be a significant asset.
• A university degree (or equivalent) is essential.
Futurpreneur is built on the foundation of supporting others, and our evolving culture is a reflection of that. We are a team of diverse individuals with experiences across sectors who bring a growth mindset and passion to the work we do. Our team of 90 includes 55+ employees at our Toronto headquarters, 10-12 person offices in Montreal and Vancouver, and several 1-2 person offices across Canada working in a wide variety of functions. Our dispersed geography increases our commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment that ensures we work, grow, and learn together.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations, on our careers page here for consideration.
Futurpreneur is committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Futurpreneur. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.