Human Resources Business Partner Physician and Resident Services
Human Resources Business Partner Physician & Resident Services
Hamilton Health Sciences is in the vanguard of the Healthcare industry with the introduction of the Human Resources Physician and Resident Services team. The team’s focus is on developing consistent, fair and transparent programs and practices in support of a talent management infrastructure designed to address the unique needs of physicians and residents. The Human Resources Physician & Residents Services team works collaboratively with the Executive Vice-President of Professional Practice and Chief Medical Executive, Medical Affairs, Physician leaders, physicians and residents across the organization to transform the way in which we engage and support physicians and residents providing care at our Hospital.
At HHS, Human Resources is dedicated to cultivating the optimal environment and culture to achieve organizational goals. This is achieved through the highest quality of Human Resources service, delivered to maximize the potential and contribution of our greatest asset - our people. Our vision is to inspire HR excellence and enable optimal organization performance making it possible for exceptional people to achieve exceptional results.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager Physician and Resident Services, the HR Business Partner Physician and Resident Services, as a skilled and experienced advisor, will work directly with Physician Leaders and Medical Affairs to provide strategic and tactical HR support and guidance while translating business needs into appropriate HR strategy. The HR Business Partner is instrumental in championing physician specific strategies (department, corporate, Human Resources); leading projects and change initiatives in the development of a supporting talent management infrastructure for physicians and residents at Hamilton Health Sciences.
The HRBP Physician & Resident Services will:
- Lead or participate in HR projects in the design of a talent management infrastructure supporting physicians and residents
- Develop, implement and manage communication and change management strategy to ensure sustainability of HR related initiatives and project outcomes/goals, pro-actively engaging Medical Affairs, physician leaders and physicians/residents in content, design and implementation
- Act as trusted advisor to Medical Affairs Leadership and Physician Leaders on HR related matters, supporting the execution of daily operations while aligning with the strategic corporate plan.
- Advise, counsel, and coach physician leaders on human resources related operational issues such as Investigations, Performance Development, Attendance Management, Return to Workplace and Accommodation, Recruitment & Selection, Workforce Planning and Human Resources or Medical Affairs Initiatives, to ensure consistency of practice giving consideration to and aligning with policies, by-laws, legislation, interpretation and application.
- Research, compile, analyze, and develop data/resources as necessary to support the various initiatives of the team and learning needs of physician leaders (e,g, physician civility, onboarding, orientation, issues intake and escalation protocol and resources, recruitment and selection protocol and resources, workforce planning, development, investigations, goal setting, performance/behavioural management, alternative dispute resolution process, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in HR or related field
- Post-graduate diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management
- Diploma or certification in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) and/or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) an asset.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in Human Resources generalist role
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution practice
- Sound knowledge of employment law including Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act of Ontario, Ontario Labour Relations Act
- Proven ability to interface effectively with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to physician leadership and influence decision based on thorough analysis.
- Experience and technical knowledge/exposure to HR best practices in talent management, project management and change management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build trust at all levels of the organization.
$42.37 – $54.32 hourly
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition# 75420
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.