Human Resources Lead, Organizational Development
If you are looking to join an organization which offers a meaningful JOB OPPORTUNITY where you can expand your OD skills then CAST is the place for you!
The Children’s Aid Society of (CAST) is proud of their long history of leadership in protecting children and their commitment to the provision of quality service to children and their families. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of children, we have an opportunity for you. Working in the heart of the city at Yonge and Bloor with excellent remuneration, benefits and vacation entitlements come join us and work for one of the city’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employer.
The following Permanent, Full-Time position is available and applications are invited:
Human Resources Lead, Organizational Development
Job Posting: #19-076
Salary Range: $85,644 to $106,194
The Organizational Development Lead facilitates the development of leadership, performance and organizational capacity at CAST to support the organization’s long-term strategic goals and transformational initiatives. This position supports CAST’s management and staff by understanding their key objectives and providing coaching, consultation and recommendations as a leadership and organizational development resource. With their systems perspective, the Lead applies their knowledge and skill to facilitate inclusive, innovative methodologies for: organizational design, performance management, change management, leadership development and diversity and equity initiatives.
- Designs and implements a Talent Management and Succession Planning Strategy including assessment, design, development and launch of a new competency framework for leadership, management and employee development programs. Uses evaluative tools such as gap analysis and needs analysis to make recommendations.
- Utilizes seasoned expertise and best practice methodologies to plan, design, develop, deliver, implement and evaluate development initiatives for management and employees to optimize organizational performance and meet legislative regulatory compliance.
- Partners with external and internal providers to design and develop a Leadership Development program for experienced and emerging leaders utilizing best practice modalities and methodologies.
- Provides best practice in design, content expertise and facilitation skills in the delivery of internal professional development programs.
- Design, develops and delivers change management programs across the organization in support of cultural changes and transformation initiatives.
- Through education, guidance and providing expertise, consults with management on organizational development, transformational change, leadership and team effectiveness strategies, initiatives and challenges.
- Recommends and implements changes or improvements to policies, programs, and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of HR services and operations. E.g. performance management programs, onboarding process and people management strategies.
- For larger OD initiatives and changes, develops project plans, engages with stakeholders and leads in the rollout.
- Leads the employee engagement planning, launch and the analysis of results, including developing employee engagement action plans, tracking progress, and refining programs.
- Provides HR support to committees, projects, and policy/program development as required.
- Key resource and provides direction to other members of the Human Resources Departments as needed.
- Develops and delivers content for various interventions and training as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- A completed undergraduate degree in Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Psychology, Leadership, Human Resources or a related field required plus 6 years’ progressive experience in Organizational Development; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced understanding of methodologies/ approaches for learning, strategic planning, organizational design, leadership development, change management, performance management, coaching, equity and OD best practices.
- Possess a wide variety of experience working with different applications to effectively assess and make recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate effective coaching, facilitating, systems thinking skills and the ability to develop organizational processes and programs.
- Proven capability in engaging others, achieving results and bringing about transformational change.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to customize communications to a variety of audiences while maintaining positive employee relations.
- Ability to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- Comfortable with dynamic, ever-changing environment and apply sound judgement and flexibility to determine solutions right for the circumstance.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- Capable of setting expectations, project planning, delivering on accountabilities and collaboratively working with stakeholders across many levels of the organization.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in demonstrating multiple solutions to issues.
- Self-motivated & goal oriented - high initiative and ability to prioritize and multi-task while meeting tight deadlines.
- Promotes inclusiveness and recognizes and respects the value of diversity within our community and our workforce.
- High degree of proficiency in all MS office programs.
- OD experience working in a unionized public sector and/or non-profit environment
- Post-graduate degree, certificate or diploma in Organizational Behaviour or OD
- Proficiency in French &/or a second language
Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism at CAST
CAST is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages application from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Accommodation at CAST
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-924-4640 x2300. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Apply directly on our website at www.torontocas.ca under the Careers section by FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019.
If you cannot apply on our website, applications can be faxed (416-324-2400), or mailed (30 Isabella Street, 5th Floor) to the attention of Human Resources, clearly indicating the Job Posting Number: JP#19-076
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Government and Public Sector Agencies / Commissions Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Toronto
- Health and Social Services Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Toronto
- Other Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Toronto