Human Resources Assistant (Full Time Temporary)
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the administration of the day-to-day HR activities including providing general administrative assistance to the HR Team.
Duties include maintaining accurate and up-to-date HR filing systems and personnel records; recruitment administration (creating job postings and job descriptions, arranging interviews, preparing offers of employment); coordinating new employee onboarding; tracking HR metrics; coordinating employee recognition programs, wellness events; and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-Secondary degree/ diploma in Human Resources
- CHRP an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience
- Working knowledge of Human Rights Code and Employment Standards Act
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); working knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems/Applicant tracking systems
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively with all municipal staff, elected officials, residents and other agencies
- Effective organizational skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines regularly
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Problem-solving skills, discretion and good judgement when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with individuals regarding controversial matters; sensitivity and ability to maintain security of files
- Availability to attend evening meetings if required and/or work overtime to accommodate peak periods and workloads
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by May 6, 2019 at 4:30 p.m., identifying Job # 2019-047-IE in the subject line to email@example.com.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment: Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.