People Strategy and Business Partner
Reporting to the Manager, People Strategy & Business Partner the People Strategy & Business Partner Specialist will support in the delivery of day – to – day HR operations with a focus on employee relations and recruitment. This position will serve as a solid foundation for the HR team to provide necessary support to the business.
This role will work from both our Mississauga Office as well our Niagara Falls Office.
- Answer employee questions about human resources policies and procedures.
- Consult on issues related to legal and procedural compliance,
- Support the recruitment process; interviewing; preparing offer letters and onboarding
- Participate in the execution of HR programs and initiatives (employee engagement, talent performance and development, succession planning objective setting, etc.)
- Supports implementation of employee compensation, training and benefit programs.
- Partner with recruitment, training and compensation and benefits to implement strategies based on best practices to meet business goals.
- Support organizational change
- Support Production team in the interpretation and implementation of local and central collective agreements, employment legislation, labour relations developments, employment standards
- Support grievances, mediation, arbitration, and collective bargaining
- Monitor and track letters of understanding and analyze and identify trends (e.g. types of grievances, settlements, union priorities) to assist with management decision-making and collective bargaining
- Support collective bargaining procedures, including drafting, reviewing and modifying proposals, verifying legal contract terminology and suggesting additional rules and regulations as necessary
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary (undergraduate) degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or Organizational Development
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an HR Analyst, or Coordinator role.
- Experience working in both Professional or Manufacturing environments is preferred
- Strong collaboration and cross functional skills
- Experience with HRIS system implementations with a preference for WorkDay
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and intuitive decision making
- Knowledge and experience interpreting relevant Employment Standards, Policies and Collective Agreements
- Must exercise considerable judgement and independent action on a variety of matters requiring confidentiality and diplomacy
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
More searches like this
- Manufacturing Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Consumer Package Goods Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga
- Wholesale / Distribution Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Mississauga