HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Reference #: 103346
12 month contract
Starting salary $ 101,722.00 annually; Midpoint $ 114,437.00annually
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to reimagine the way we deliver our client focused services. We are transforming as an organization and as a community. Be part of this journey by challenging our thinking and helping to drive innovative results for the business, and building a future-ready Brampton.
You are keenly interested because elevating partnerships and building trust with your clients comes naturally and you bring progressive ideas that enable results. You thrive on challenging the status quo and bringing a courageous, fresh perspective. Your greatest successes were achieved through collaborative and strategic thinking that together deliver transformative results. You demonstrate high integrity with a focus on solutions and elevate the whole HR team with your perspective that is rooted in trust and compassion. You are highly visible and easily develop meaningful partnerships that are based on a deep and rich understanding of challenges and opportunities.
We are invested in creating a culture of engagement where people matter, service is paramount, and we build a community that is innovative, inclusive and bold.
If this describes your professional journey, and your demonstrated character and competencies, we want to hear from you.
- Builds and establishes partnerships with dedicated client portfolio; seen as a trusted advisor who represents business needs to enhance employee engagement and customer service
- Functions as an active contributor at the leadership table for the client portfolio and actively shares ideas and information to elevate success
- Constructs positive working relationship with union representatives and other internal and external partners
- Actively guides and support strategic workforce planning for operating department(s)
- Offers proactive analysis of departmental issues and recommends interventions providing support when implementing solutions; seeks opportunities to enable departmental and organization results
- Functions as a strategic advisor who collaborates and consults through bringing people, ideas, and results to the conversation; builds trust and respect with subject matter experts
- Collaborates with functional Human Resource areas to develop solution based strategic processes, procedures and programs
- Provides coaching, mentoring and direction to Human Resource colleagues and leaders and employees within client portfolio
- Participates in human capital initiatives and Corporate projects; brings the voice of the business and employee to the table
- Researches and implements leading edge practices in consultation with functional Human Resource areas; contributes to moving the organization forward in support of our people plan
- Provides thoughtful and grounded advice and guidance in relation to corporate policies, procedures, practices, collective agreements and legislation to build a culture of engagement, align with our organizational values, and foster organizational consistency
- Facilitates resolution of employee and labour relations issues through mediation, workplace investigations, coaching, and partnerships
- Represents the organization, as needed, at Tribunals, Arbitrations and other legal settings
- Engages subject matter experts in Human Resources to provide quality advice to leaders and employees
- Provides expertise in all aspects of integrated claims management program
- Participates in implementation of organizational development strategies; provides thoughtful and thorough advice throughout the change and transformation process
- Determines opportunities and challenges when reviewing departmental organizational structure, culture and change drivers; actively supports workforce and succession planning, and organizational design
- Drives results through staying current on industry trends and leading practices; demonstrated passion and commitment to transformation and modernization
- University degree related to human resources, industrial relations or business administration with specific training in Human Resources disciplines.
- CHRP designation an asset.
- 5 to 7 years’ HR generalist experience or in an advisory role, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legislation, including employment legislation
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity; and to use consultative and relationship building skills with diverse client groups.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as influencing skills and analytical abilities.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of HRMS (PeopleSoft preferred).
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: CONTRACT, 12 months
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by April 22, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com quoting reference #103346 by April 22, 2019, and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.