HR Coordinator; Manufacturing; Food (2-4 yrs experience)
Working as an HR Coordinator at Voortman Cookies, you’ll handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties for union and nonunion employees for our Bakery employees in Canada. Your role is to support the HR team and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will also support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
The successful candidate for this position holds an academic HR background. Familiarity with the industry is also an advantage. For this role, you should be able to work autonomously and assist in simple and complex HR duties such as liaise with payroll, respond to simple employee queries, assist with onboarding and off boarding, produce and analyze HR metrics and reports, manage full cycle recruiting for hourly employees and assist with employee documentation and data integrity.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (STD, recruitment, training, policies, performance evaluations etc.)
- Liaise with payroll by providing relevant data (absences, layoffs, leaves, etc.)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Lead recruitment of union workforce; Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct primary phone interviews with potential candidates and complete reference checks
- Provides confidential support to employee queries in a timely and professional manner
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 2-3 years Human Resources experience.
- 2-3 yrs ADP/HRIS and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) experience.
- 1 year data entry/management experience and/or experience in a client/customer facing role.
- Undergraduate Degree (Business, Finance, Human Resources, or other relevant).
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or working towards.
- Knowledge of HR operations activities (payroll, benefits, and compensation) employee life cycle transactional processes (onboarding, recruitment, leaves of absence, separation, etc.).
- Knowledge of Collective Agreements & H&S policies
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a high performance environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful issues and communicate with a variety of people and situations in a courteous, professional manner.
- Ability to work with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Agile, resilient and able to multitask efficiently.