Specialist, Talent & Recruitment
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Specialist, Talent & Recruitment join our Recruitment team in the Toronto office
The Specialist, Talent & Recruitment plays a critical role in ensuring the Firm is attracting and hiring the best possible talent nationally by developing and executing recruiting plans working in close collaboration with senior Talent team members and hiring managers, networking through industry contacts, association memberships and employees. This also includes coordinating/implementing college recruiting initiatives to build brand and future pipeline of talent and employing proven sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting strategies. Maintains an up to date database of candidates utilizing ATS, LinkedIn, Indeed and other proactive sourcing tools.
The Specialist, Talent & Recruitment is also responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the Firm’s Shared Services Group, on a national scale, through commitment to service excellence. Provides support for the development and implementation of integrated recruitment programs aligned with the Firm’s ongoing needs and best practices. Works collaboratively with all Talent team members and may assist in other recruitment and special projects as required.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
1. Full-Cycle Recruitment
- Ensuring new hire authorization has been approved, then partner with hiring managers, consulting on scope of hire, conducting needs assessment, presenting summary of qualified candidates, making hiring decision recommendations and advising on recruitment best practices.
- Determining recruitment plan for open position applicant requirements by studying job descriptions, competency profiles and job qualifications. Drafting job postings and job descriptions for approval, according to Firm guidelines. Posting internally and externally. Working with third-party vendors to assist with sourcing candidates as determined by the recruitment plan and if required.
- Execute full-cycle recruitment; proactive sourcing, telephone pre-screening, in-person interviews and drafting offer letters for all Shared Services groups (Marketing, Administration, Finance, Technology, Talent Management, Client Services). Regular communication with hiring managers to provide search status progress. Supports other Firm recruitment needs as required (depending on capacity) or as a back-up for vacations and absences.
- Stays current with market trends and best practices in recruitment and total compensation.
- Initiate onboarding procedures once signed offer letters are received. Ensures coordination of arrival agendas for new hires, ensuring all responses and documents are received in a timely manner.
- Communicate to Talent team member to generate Add procedure, providing all relevant information.
- Follow the onboarding checklist to ensure a smooth transition of new hires into the Firm. Support orientation and communicate/coordinate training sessions as required with support from Coordinator, Recruitment & Performance.
3. Vendor Relationships
- Develop and manage third party recruitment vendor relationships. Ensure contracts are in place, and consult with Talent leadership prior to engaging any new third party recruiters. Managing relationship to ensure quality and cost effectiveness with over-arching due diligence to Firm brand and reputation in the marketplace.
4. Applicant Tracking System Management
- Using Applicant Tracking System (UltiPro), maintain job postings, review of metrics and tailoring job post messaging to generate high traffic, advising on recruitment brand/design/layout recommendations to ensure best possible candidate career page experience.
- Building applicant pipeline via ATS, LinkedIn, Indeed and other proactive sourcing tools for frequently recruited positions to maintain applicant engagement and provide efficiency of new search execution.
5. Special Projects
- Working collaboratively with the national Talent team on special projects and sharing of best practices as required.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A post-secondary education in Human Resources Management and/or 3-5+ years of equivalent experience in a recruiter/talent acquisition role.
- An experienced recruiter with in-depth knowledge of best recruitment practices, expert sourcing techniques and ability to build strong candidate pipelines.
- Completion of or working towards CHRP/CHRL.
- A strong understanding current legislation in order to ensure that hiring practices are compliant with regulations, recommending new procedures and conducting training with hiring managers as required.
- A subject matter expert and consultant on national recruitment matters regarding recruitment process, candidate markets, and competitive intelligence.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Toronto
- Legal Services Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Toronto