Manager, Learning & Development
Bring your leadership skills and your learning and development expertise to this Manager, Learning & Development position
This permanent-full time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the People and Strategy sector on the Leadership and Culture team. You will design, develop, implement, and improve programs, tools, and resources in order build workforce capability, manage talent management risks, achieve business results, and create a culture of learning.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Leading a team that manages human resources initiatives, programs and projects that have a broad impact across the organization, in areas such as company-wide training, professional development, succession management framework, leadership development, onboarding, and official languages policy and reporting.
- Overseeing the succession planning framework that is in line with CMHC's continuous need for strong leadership, ensuring robust succession plans are in place
- Leading the development, oversight and management of the corporate leadership development and learning programs (large-scale conferences, events, workshops, virtual learning) related to CMHC’s learning strategy.
- Overseeing the management and continuous improvement of the Learning Management system
- Managing CMHC’s center of expertise on learning, ensuring strong collaboration and effective relationships with senior management, partners and stakeholders within and outside CMHC
- Vendor management for a variety of outsourced learning providers, and oversight of national corporate learning budget.
- Providing advice and guidance to senior management while making recommendation on how organizational development and learning strategies can support the business operations of the Corporation more efficiently and effectively.
- Aligning learning programs and initiatives with leading best practices in the field, and demonstrating strength of programs through performance data.
- Creating opportunities that encourage bilingualism and diversity, and implements practices to advance an inclusive and healthy organization.
What We Are Looking For
- Degree in a related field such as human resources, education or industrial psychology or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Certification in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, or related field, Certified Training and Development Professional (Institute for Performance and Learning) will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of seven years of prior relevant experience with at least five years of experience managing others.
- Solid knowledge of legislation and directives related to learning of official languages and human resources.
Solid knowledge and experience in procurement of learning and development resources
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of learning development and talent programs, policies, practices, theories, concepts and systems.
- Understanding of learning and development, leadership development, succession management, official languages, communications and culture shaping.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing impactful leadership development solutions and programs using a variety of innovative approaches
- Experience creating, and developing learning solutions to meet organizational needs
- Experience with vendor management and budget management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly to a variety of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence horizontally and vertically to translate thinking into action and impact
- Exceptional people leadership skills including coaching and empowering employees to achieve corporate results
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Applying Business Acumen, Forward Thinking, Engaging, Motivating & Developing Employees, Leading Others
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)*
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various on-site amenities
*ROWE involves a cultural shift away from managing people to managing work. Employees have full autonomy and accountability to choose when and where to work in order to be efficient, effective, and achieve results.