Human Resources Business Partner
HMECU is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. As a member of our Senior Management Team, the Human Resources Business Partner will take a leadership role in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of the Credit Union’s Human Resources programs including coaching the Management Team.
This stand-alone role has tactical and strategic responsibilities for all areas of HR in multiple branches as well as the Head Office. The Human Resources Business Partner is a generalist role that touches all aspects of employment and works on exciting projects and initiatives as well as day to day HR operations.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources; a CHRL or CHRE designation is preferred
- Progressive experience in Human Resources with experience in a leadership role
- Experience in the credit union and/or financial industries preferred
- Strong unionized experience; participation in CBA negotiations an asset but not required
- Demonstrated success in change management initiatives
- Practical knowledge of applicable employment law, and HR compliance requirements as a HR Generalist
- Experience with leadership development programs including coordination of third party facilitators; direct delivery and on-going coaching
- Ability to perform own administrative work; proficient in MS Office and other web-based programs; willingness and ability to learn new programs.
- Experience collaborating with payroll and benefits administrator
- Proven ability to lead others through influence, negotiation and collaboration
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to effective communicate at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and build positive, professional relationships
- Comprehensive understanding of HR principles, techniques and procedures
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work and projects
- Ongoing interest in self-development through formal and informal learning
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation required for travel between branches.
Due to the nature of this role and the industry, the successful candidate must be bondable.