SR Human Resources Business Partner
Are you looking for a job you can take pride in and a career you can feel passionate about? We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior level Human Resource Business Partner to join our growing business!
Who We Are
Since 1923, Steelcraft has crafted a culture of service and excellence within its business that has enabled the company to partner with its customers to serve today’s highly complex and demanding global manufacturing marketplace.
Steelcraft is proud to employ some of the most creative minds at work, and our team members are fueled by our commitment to quality. Whether it is engineering new manufacturing techniques, creating innovative products or designing a faster delivery process, our people are fully committed to continuous improvement and work in collaboration with our customers to make projects happen. Based in Canada, Steelcraft is actively seeking a wide variety of people. Our culture is one that truly values diversity – ideas and insights – and champions the idea of building and expanding the potential in each employee. Learn more about our philosophy and culture.
What We Offer
We offer a culture that is built on quality, safety & integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers.
Developing our employees has been a core function and commitment of our business; we strongly support the personal development and growth of everyone within our organization.
Decision-making, creative thinking, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas is encouraged deep within our business divisions.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health and RRSP Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, and Vehicle/Travel Allowances.
Come be part of a winning team!
We are currently seeking a senior level Human Resource Business Partner /Generalist. This role plays an integral role in the implementation of Human Resource strategies. This role will act as a Strategic Advisor / Service Manager and Business catalyst with an initial emphasis on building and implementing effective people strategies that attract, develop and retain employees to establish an effective talent pipeline as well as helping refine the company’s Talent Management / Acquisition Process.
The incumbent will support the organization’s short and long-term business needs to drive competitive advantage and address opportunities and threats.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with all employees to drive flawless execution of HR Strategies, practices, programs, processes and services efficiently and effectively. Promotes compliance with company policy and relevant legislation. Provides advice, guidance and information to employees and management by applying knowledge in employee relations, benefits, performance management and compensation.
Ensure performance and talent management drive the achievement of business goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration and talent development. Ensure people managers use tools effectively to assist individual and team performance at all levels. This might also require the development and execution of tools / training and education.
Establish and maintain effective win-win working relationships with managers, employees and or their representatives through an environment that fosters communication and cooperation. Promote and foster a culture and environment that is productive, open, empowering, safe, equitable and coach others to behave and make decisions that align to the business values and behaviours.
- Support the company’s short and long-term talent needs based on input from business leaders / operations management and HR leadership.
- In working with your business partners, Identify and implement innovative and effective talent acquisition strategies focused on building effective pipelines through relationships with external resources and the appropriate recruitment channels such as managing our external web site postings and internal posting process.
- Ensure proper documentation /record keeping for all stages of the employee lifecycle.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the market sector particular to their talent needs and advocates Steelcraft's competitiveness in effective managing and acquiring talent.
- Identify research and document emerging issues/trends and exploring their implications with the HR team and business leaders.
- Maintains confidentiality of compensation, employee personal information and other organizational issues.
- Participate in the development and administration of policies including but not limited to recruitment, wage, salary, and pay equity, ensuring overall compliance and consistency throughout the organization.
- Track and report on all talent movement, including promotions, voluntary/ involuntary job changes, new hires, and exception tracking, and compensation exceptions.
- Facilitate and drive a positive employee relations strategy focused on positive interaction between employees and management through fair and consistent application of policies, practices and procedures and promoting objective investigations and issue resolution processes.
- Conduct investigations of employee complaints and incidents in an objective, responsible and timely manner.
- Provide independent assessment and recommendations on business issues related to Human Resources.
- Promote self-service wherever possible and serve as “point person” for all HR questions from employees.
- Represents the company: Carry out a public relations function through ongoing interactions with industry-related associations, including networking opportunities, especially with technical trades /professional training institutions.
- Facilitates the successful implementation and maintenance of Performance Management Process. Work with clients to identify performance gaps & opportunities and participates in the execution of interventions to address them.
- Provide HR advice and support to senior management on employee relations and employment law issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and practices including policy compliance with changes in legislation or corporate policies.
- Work as part of the Human Resources Team and as a business partner with client groups to improve HR and management practices, process decisions and programs.
- Participate in a wide variety of projects, programs and initiatives designed to drive continuous improvement.
- Support management in building effective practices to meet business and employee needs in such areas as compensation and rewards, communication and health and safety.
- Manage and continue to refine the companies on boarding process.
- Create and maintain employee reports as needed for various departments.
- Prepare documentation and provide guidance to managers for things like layoffs and terminations and remain a point of contact for inactive/terminated employees.
- Provide support and guidance to employees as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews in order to collect research on trends and issues; share information with management as needed.
Post-secondary education College Diploma or University Degree in a business-related field.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in an HR generalist / business partner role where knowledge acquired on HR functions such as recruitment, employee relations, disability management, compensation, benefits, training and health & safety.
- CHRP / CHRL or CHRE
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and know how to multitask.
- Highly efficient in record keeping and administration.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and make recommendations that effectively contribute to issue resolution by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures or government law.
- Knowledge of key HR functional areas such as Talent Acquisition / Talent Management / Performance Management / Total Rewards.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to effectively present information in one-on-one situations and in small group settings or small teams.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to build relationships at all levels as well as strong influencing skills.
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights legislation.
- Flexibility in work location and work schedule needs to accommodate multiple site operation
- Ability to travel.
Nice to have
- Experience gathering, maintaining and reporting on HR Metrics.
- Have spent some time within a Centre of Excellence (COE) function.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Presentation skills to large groups.
- Resourceful, innovative, and persuasive.