Senior Human Resource Business Partner
RECIPE Unlimited Corporation (formerly Cara Operations Limited) is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Milestones, Pubs, Bier Markt, East Side Mario’s, Landing Group, New York Fries, St-Hubert, State and Main, Elephant and Castle and Original Joe’s employing over 60,000 associates across over 1300 restaurants. With this diverse portfolio of restaurants our Home Office Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of some of the most popular, well-loved brands in Canada. Variety isn’t the only thing we offer – along with competitive compensation, we operate in a fast paced and energetic environment where effective team work and self-motivation to work independently are harmonious traits.
Recipe Unlimited Corporation (formerly CARA Operations) is actively searching for a Senior Human Resources Partner to join our HR Team located at our Home Office in Vaughan.
Come and be part of our exciting growth as we recruit for a dynamic, team oriented HR Partner to join our team!
The HRBP is the first point of contact for all HR initiatives and provides strategic HR support to a designated client group that includes an assortment of Recipes iconic brands. The Senior HRBP will support leaders with talent management, consultation, succession planning, leadership development, people strategy, talent attraction, drive key programs to enhance employee engagement within and across our brands, ensure the effective implementation of all HR initiatives and support escalated Associate Relations matters. The Partner will work closely with all levels within the organization to assist leaders in making decisions while maintaining Recipes core values, principles and policies.
Tasks will include:
- Provide strategic people support to brand leaders on performance management, talent management, succession planning, and talent attraction
- Build strong relationships with client groups and field operations as the trusted source for all HR support – across multiple brands, multiple locations and across the country
- Lead key initiatives that enhance associate engagement
- Ensure effective implementation of HR initiatives and support
- Assist Brand Leaders in developing and executing Brand people objectives
- Provide both specific and general Human Resources support to Corporate operations by acting as an HR partner and assisting leaders with their own development by connecting with the appropriate subject matter experts as needed
- Provide feedback and support to various levels of leadership, often taking opposing sides
- Influence leaders to make the right decision even if that is the harder decision to make
- Participate in Recipe’s People Development Initiatives by creating and facilitating internal training and development courses through the Brands and through ‘Recipe University’ programs
- Support brand leaders and store level employees with Associate Relations matters, identify key trends, create viable solutions and problem solving
- Participate in mediation, Ministry of Labour, and Human Rights Tribunal proceedings as required
As the ideal candidate you will offer:
- Minimum 5 years of front line senior HR experience in a elevated HR Partner role
- Initiative and resourcefulness (you don’t need close supervision)
- Dynamic, team player with the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong ability to work with all levels of Management with strong influencing skills to navigate all levels of leadership within organization
- Customer service oriented, professional and discrete, excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and demonstrates a passion for the industry
- Able to handle multiple projects and move them along effectively
- Knowledge of practical and professional HR systems and processes
- Knowledge of HR professional standards/best practices
- Excellent knowledge of employment/labour legislation
- Strong Employee Relations skills
- Strong retail or hospitality experience an asset
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Apply in confidence today!
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.