Human Resources Business Partner - 8 month Contract
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner will play an instrumental role in evolving and supporting our Human Resources function. A solid Employee Relations Generalist, this individual will play a pivotal role in supporting the line management and employees of HomeEquity Bank through our ongoing business transformation and growth. You have strong talent acquisition skills and will partner with our team to create a performance culture.
You are able to establish key relationships with our business partners and will handle complex level employee relations matters. You will take on a leadership role and help in the growth and development of our vibrant and growing company.
This position requires a hands-on, proactive professional to participate actively in creating and delivering day to day Human Resources services and also contribute to ensuring that our corporate culture, business requirements and organizational objectives are aligned. This person will play an active role in ensuring that our people strategy that is conducive to attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent at all levels within the organization.
The HR department’s focus is to provide internal consulting services and advice to managers, supervisors and employees on their various human resource requirements. The accountabilities include but are not limited to recruitment, orientation, training, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, and health and safety. Further the HR Business Partner will provide value added analysis and interpretation of key data and HR metrics.
The HomeEquity Bank Human Resources team is a talented group of client centric professionals who enjoy being part of a collaborative HR team and creating and supporting a dynamic organizational culture.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Work with management to build and develop a strong recruitment plan for the company.
- Partner with management through hiring and provide full cycle recruitment support including: posting, sourcing, interviewing, assessing and presenting a diversified and high quality pool of candidates to hiring managers
- Build talent pipelines and leverage our Employee Branding in attracting new team members.
- Onboard new staff.
- Utilize our Dayforce system to maximize efficiency in the hiring process.
Culture, Innovation and Effectiveness
- Participate in developing HR strategies and activities that foster growth, culture, innovation, and organizational effectiveness
- Support the Bank by providing sound coaching and advice to support the Management and Supervisory teams on all people related matters
- Consult within the business to determine the HR needs specific to the organization and develop solutions to meet these needs by employing as much standardization as possible
- Guide and advise the leadership team on HR, legal and compliance matters, ensuring all adherence to relevant legislation
- Support key HR processes for the Bank including recruitment, orientation, training, performance management, employee engagement, , and health and safety
Performance & Employee Relations
- Handle complex Employee Relations issues or concerns
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers and employees, as appropriate for all types of performance management concerns/issues/interventions, including disciplinary processes and terminations. Bring to the attention of the Director, HR as required
- Play an active and key role in delivering HR processes for the Bank including the performance management process, leadership & employee development, change management, etc.
- Cultivate a positive work environment to enable a motivated, engaged workforce and help to optimize employee retention through effective, proactive human resource programs and communications
- Participate in our employee orientation program to ensure employees are aware of health & safety, discipline, performance, policies and aspects of our business related to the fact that we are a regulated entity
- Provide coaching and guidance to management and employees in the interpretation and application Human Resources policies and procedures
- Utilize sound OD practices to facilitate improvement in performance and results.
- Provide consistent interpretation, advice and counsel to support effective resolution of complex people management issues that may require corrective action or progressive discipline, as required
Legal, Compliance and Administration Requirements
- Support the analysis and documentation of metrics for support of the HR function.
- Act as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, benefits, practices and regulations
- Analyze and interpret HR metrics such as recruitment requirements, headcount management, turnover, etc. Analyze trends and make recommendations to develop strategies to address underlying issues
- Assist in developing and leveraging an awesome culture for the organization.
- Perform other duties as required
Skills and Experience Required
- University degree or college diploma preferably in Human Resources and or Business
- CHRL designation and a member in good standing with HRPA
- 7-10 years of progressive and relevant Human Resources Generalist experience, preferably with some previous experience in a financial institution.
- Strong Talent Acquisition experience and a true passion for recruitment, selection, interviewing and onboarding
- Thorough knowledge of the Canada Labour Code (sections II and III), provincial Employment Legislation and Employment Equity.
- The incumbent will also maintain high standards of business conduct, ethical behavior, and incorporate internal controls to meet ongoing compliance and regulatory requirements
- High integrity with the ability to deal with confidential, sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Must be able to constantly adapt to evolving business demands in a planned and organized manner
- Must have a strong customer service orientation with enthusiasm for a changing and evolving organization and culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate information in a very practical straight forward way
- Exposure to analyzing, forecasting, planning and implementing HR Practices through the measurement and tracking of business metrics
- Have the ability to continuously juggle multiple work priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal management oversight
- Demonstrated ability to objectively investigate issues, report findings, and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience to with Dayforce or another Human Capital Management system would be an asset
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.heb.ca. If you'd like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity with HomeEquity Bank please forward your resume and salary expectations in confidence via email: email@example.com.
We regret to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Banking Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Business / Professional Services Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto