Human Resources Manager
A Unique Career Opportunity
Avida is an industry leader with a compelling vision to transform the retail customer experience. Due to rapid growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a business minded Human Resources Manager at our Etobicoke location.
Reporting to the Founder and President, this critical role will work in partnership with the Leadership Team to create a first class, rewarding employee experience for our team of professionals. Our work environment is entrepreneurial and we thrive on innovation as well as collaboration.
This a unique position for a HR leader with a passion for making a difference.
The Career Opportunity
- Lead HR initiatives that promote a positive, productive and engaging work environment for all employees.
- Design a total rewards package that is competitive and well communicated within the team.
- Create a performance management system that drives the achievement of our objectives and business / employee growth.
- Build and market AVIDA’s employment brand and total value proposition to establish us an Employer of Choice.
- Lead all aspects of recruitment and selection so we have the best talent in the market.
- Work with our leaders to create learning plans for everyone to ensure their ongoing development.
- Coach and advise Managers how to deal effectively with employee issues and performance challenges.
- Assemble an Employee Experience Committee and manage corporate teambuilding initiatives.
- Collaborate with Leadership to ensure organizational design supports business needs and facilitate future growth.
- Lead all Health, Safety and Wellness initiatives.
The Talent, Skills and Experience We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years of start-up Human Resources experience preferably within a private company
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation in progress
- Solid understanding of HR best practices and relevant employment legislation
- Change leader and influencer
- Proven ability to relate and communicate effectively with all levels
- Proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Tech savvy in Microsoft Office and Netsuite (an asset)
What We Can Offer You
- Wide range of team building events
- Professional and stimulating work environment
- Competitive total rewards package
- Professional Development / Continuing Education program
- Opportunities to continuously build your skills and knowledge
- Challenging projects that make a difference
- Health Spending Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation including time off during the holiday season
- Paid time off to work with the charity of your choice
- And more
Interested? Then send your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@avida.ca
Avida is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants, in advance, for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.