Senior HR Business Partner
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner for Canada is responsible for providing tactical HR advice and coaching to the Canadian management team and for supporting the achievement of specific business objectives for Canada in a non-unionized environment with approximately 100 employees. This is a global organization with approximately 5000 employees. The Senior HRBP reports to the People Director in Europe to ensure implementation and application of agreed upon global/regional HR programs and policies and represents the needs of the business in the People team. This position does not have any direct reports but will provide work direction to one other HR person.
- Acts as HR advisor as well as change agent and implementation advisor. Provides HR perspectives on the business plan for Canada and consult with local line of business on HR implications.
- Utilize data to provide advice and monitor yearly and rolling workforce planning in Canada.
- Identify critical skills for the near future and develop action plans for resolution in conjunction with the line of the respective business areas in Canada.
- Manage the annual organizational review process for Canada.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, develop a comprehensive and sustainable HR strategy and business plan for the affiliate.
- Monitor the succession planning and talent pipeline in Canada and support the business in selecting appropriate candidates for development.
- Drives recruitment in Canada along with HRBP and supports the line of business in selecting the right candidates who are the best fit for Canada. Ensures effective recruitment, selection and retention policies and processes are efficient and cost effective.
- Coach and support in identifying and defining appropriate development opportunities for high potentials
- Identify HR trends in the market relevant for the assigned field of business and evaluate appropriate changes to existing approaches, policies and procedures.
- Support leadership team with required organizational changes ensuring employees are treated with dignity and respect and legal risks are mitigated.
- Lead Canadian “Culture Club” and oversee the implementation of the local culture code which ensures employees are aligned with the core behaviours required to drive the business strategy.
- Drives HR processes in accordance with HR Annual Activity Wheel and in strong collaboration with Global People Shared Services and Centers of Excellence.
- Uses data to analyze and define organizational capabilities and translate these into future organizational design and functional capabilities.
- Well versed in employment law at the federal and provincial level across Canada.
- Ensures a safe and health work environment for Canada employees and associated partners in compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensures that HR processes and programs are successfully deployed and implemented in close collaboration with the CoEs and Global People Shared Services.
- Provides input to CoEs/Global People Shared Services to optimize and streamline HR processes.
- Partners with other HRBPs who work in the matrix structure across the organization to support teams in the Canadian affiliate.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Undergraduate degree specializing in Human Resources Management or equivalent. Master’s degree an asset.
· Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in the field of Human Resources with a generalist focus.
· Experience in the healthcare / pharmaceutical sector is a definite asset.
· Member in good standing with CHRP or CHRL designation in Canada.
· Experienced local HR professional with strong knowledge within local employee legislation and conditions in Canada. Experience with managing difficult employee relations situations, conducting investigations and managing the termination process.
· Intercultural mindset and several years of experience from global companies and a good understanding of the Pharma Industry.
· Experience supporting and/or sitting on a senior leadership team.
· A hands-on approach to HR management; tactical and roll-up you sleeves type of position.
· Strong in character and presence; ability to gain the respect and influence of the executive team; ability and courage to challenge.
· Strong experience with leading and supporting organizational change while ensuring employee engagement and business performance.
· Strong connection to business operations and strategy; very strong business acumen with strategic mindset to help drive business strategy at the affiliate level.
· Strong coaching skills to be able to support the leadership team.
· Ability to act as a mentor to the HRBP with respect to work direction.
· Experience with setting and maintain operational control over approved HR budget for the affiliate.
· Solid presentation skills; ability to inspire and engage an audience.
· Bilingual in French is a definite asset.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong integrity and ethics.