Human Resources Advisor
As a member of the Unity Health Human Resources Consulting Services team, this role will support the Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and the Manager, Human Resources Consulting and Governance, in the provision of strategic and operational support to their respective portfolios. The successful candidate will be assigned to work as needed across our three (3) sites: St. Michael’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and Providence Healthcare.
The Human Resources Advisor will provide a full range of support activities for the Consulting team, including supporting workplace investigations, preparing union and employee communications, arranging for meeting logistics, responding to client inquiries and supporting network-wide consulting and other integration related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Industrial/Labour Relations or post graduate certificate in Human Resource Management. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- CHRP designation an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience, including at least two years’ recent labour/employee relations in a health care and/or unionized environment.
- Prior experience with employee investigation processes and the interpretation and application of Collective Agreements required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures and employment-related legislation (Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, & Employment Standards Act).
- Demonstrated independent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong research and investigative skills.
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, customer service and teamwork skills.
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.