Total Rewards Analyst
The Total Rewards Analyst researches, coordinates, analyses and supports the administration of the compensation and benefits program for all network staff. The incumbent provides service to internal HR stakeholders with respect to the hospital’s compensation and benefit plans and acts as a resource for knowledge with respect to compensation and benefits. The incumbent ensures the effective delivery of services and communication for Total Rewards. Reporting to the Manager(s) – Compensation & Benefits and supporting a collaborative, team-based approach to HR initiatives, the incumbent supports, organizes and provides advice on the operational activities of the Hospital’s compensation programs in accordance with provincial/federal legislation and Hospital policy.
This position is a multi-site position and may be required to travel between 3 sites.
- Assists and serves as backup to the Compensation Specialist and the Benefits Specialist
- Supports job description process by ensuring templates/formats adhere to the Compensation guidelines and ensures completeness before distribution to Job Evaluations committee for evaluation
- Assists with the job evaluation process by aiding in the provision of unbiased guidance and facilitating full group participation and discussion
- Responsible for reviewing and providing analysis on the market position of hospital jobs on a regular basis – review is done both against the private sector and OHA
- Assists in the explanation of evaluation procedures and results to HR stakeholders and network managers
- Provides analytical and technical support in the review and implementation of organizational changes in HRIS due to the restructuring of the network
- Develops, maintains, prepares and analyzes compensation related reports. (i.e. creating reports used for Salary Administration (capturing data from 3 HR systems with complex criteria) and investigates and explains fallouts or exceptions
- Supports Step Increase process for unionized workforce
- Supports changes to Collective Bargaining Agreement Scale and Benefit changes
- Supports Range Progressions/Market Increase Process for Non-Union employee group
- Provides support to HR staff around compensation and benefit inquires
- Investigates and resolves salary-related problems raised by staff and management, in conjunction with the Manager and Compensation Specialist
- Provides information and guidance to Human Resources Business Partners and Managers on Compensation and Benefit practices
- Job/Position Library maintenance, organizational design changes (small to medium in magnitude)
- Maintains benefits booklets to support respective plan designs
- Completes the monthly Benefits billings and reconciliations
- Support the communication of pension and benefit changes
- Support network benefit vendor days
- Assist with providing auditors with documents/data related to benefits and pension
- Completion of external salary survey
- Complete audits related to benefits and pension
- An Undergraduate degree in related discipline, for example Human Resources, Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in Total Rewards
- Working towards/completed CHRP/CHRL designation preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel required
- General knowledge of Compensation and Benefit processes and practices
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to deal with multiple deadlines and timeline pressures
- Problem solving to identify and troubleshoot issues, define recommendations for resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain
- Ability to run reports, analyze and initiate changes and corrections
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Strong knowledge of HR systems including compensation systems
- Experience with Lawson/INFOR HRIS systems would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain partnerships with colleagues and clients
- Analytical thinker with the ability to review and manage compensation analysis and transactions
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.