Vice President of Human Resources
48North Cannabis Corp. (TSXV:NRTH) is the publicly-traded parent company of two federally-licensed producers and distributors of cannabis and cannabis products for the adult-use market in Canada pursuant to the Cannabis Act; DelShen Therapeutics and Good & Green.
The Company operates three facilities in Ontario:
- DelShen - a 40,000 sq. ft. indoor facility on 800 acres near Kirkland Lake;
- Good House - a 46,000 sq. ft. indoor facility on 3.5 acres in Brantford; and
- Good Farm - a 100-acre organic farm in Brant County.
48North has a multi-channel distribution strategy that includes supply agreements with Canopy Growth Corp. and the provincial distribution agencies of Ontario and Quebec.
VP of Human Resources
Poised for rapid growth at Good House and Good Farm, the Company is seeking an experienced HR professional for the newly formed position of VP of Human Resources.
Reporting to the co-CEOs and located full-time at Good House in Brantford, Ontario, the VP of Human Resources will direct all HR activities across the organization, including optimizing organizational structure, developing HR policies, setting remuneration strategies and leading recruitment activities. This position will play a key role in policy creation, recruitment, performance management and employee relations as well as analyzing HR trends. The ideal candidate will have strong experience as a senior HR professional, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills, along with comprehensive knowledge and experience in Canadian legislation for both Human Resources and Health & Safety.
- Direct all HR activities across the organization, including optimizing organizational structure, developing HR policies, setting remuneration strategies and leading recruitment activities.
- Provide HR related advice and coaching to assigned employee groups and business leaders on matters related to HR policy or practices, legislation, workforce planning, performance management, goal setting, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Manage the escalation of employee issues pertaining to human rights and Health and Safety concerns as well as complex situations to leadership.
- Facilitate the recruiting and onboarding process across the organization including active participation in the interview, employment references and hiring and orientation process for assigned employee groups.
- Conduct on-going analysis to identify trends and root cause to proactively identify solutions for repetitive issues/escalations.
- Identify opportunities and propose solutions for continuous improvement in HR initiatives, polices and HR effectiveness.
- Support cyclical HR processes for including performance management and compensation review administration.
- Contribute to projects teams to support the delivery of HR projects to the business.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Human Resources, Business administration or related area of study.
- Relevant HRPA designation
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant HR experience.
- Strong understanding of legislation pertaining to HR & Health and Safety.
- Proven track record of achieving goals and making sound decisions.
- Ability to inspire, coach and motivate staff, encourage growth, innovation and collaboration.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of staff,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience delivering formal presentations as well as facilitating groups.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment and initiative.
- Strong computer and system skills as well as the ability to work with large data sets, knowledge of HRIS and all MS Office applications.
48North thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, 48North will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. 48North will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
48North is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sex or sexual orientation.
More searches like this
- Agriculture Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 131,000 - 150,000 jobs in Ontario
- Manufacturing Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 131,000 - 150,000 jobs in Ontario
- Consumer Package Goods Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 131,000 - 150,000 jobs in Ontario