About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our 90,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and leadership. cpaontario.ca.
CPA Ontario is currently in search of an HR Analyst. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Analyst is responsible for providing support on HR systems, HR analytics and HR reporting. This role will provide the metrics needed to support and assist Senior Business Leaders in making people decisions.
- Builds, maintains, and supports a variety of HR reports and/or queries using appropriate reporting systems and tools. Assists in the development, reporting, and review of HR metrics and insights (i.e. turnover, recruitment etc.).
- Develops standard monthly, quarterly and fiscal year-end HR reports; provides ad hoc reports as requested.
- Responsible for the maintenance and data integrity of the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now); prepares necessary reports and statistical analysis as required.
- Subject matter expert for HRIS; researches and resolves complex HRIS problems and ensures system optimization.
- Conducts regular audits of payroll, benefits, pension and other HR data and recommends corrective measures as determined.
- Identifies opportunities for improved quality and efficiency in HR processes, optimizing the use of technology and develops tools to minimize transactional HR activities.
- Provides input into the budget and forecast process for CPA Ontario people costs including analysis of data and identifying risk and opportunities.
- Manages HR data related to compensation administration practices (i.e. reporting, cost modeling, participating in salary surveys)
- Partners with payroll and benefit providers to ensure all employee changes are executed correctly.
- Tracks HR expenses and processes invoices for approval and payment, and providing reporting and insights on department budget. Participates in HR projects as required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working as an HR Analyst or HRIS Specialist.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field.
- Solid experience analyzing HR data and creating relevant HR reports. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with advanced knowledge in Excel (Pivot tables, V-look-ups)
- Prior experience with an HRIS is required, preferably with ADP Workforce Now.
- Superior analytical skills with excellent attention to accuracy and detail.
- Proven ability to extract data, create queries, develop complex reports and provide analysis.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and last-minute change in plans.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is required.
- Superior organizational and prioritizing skills required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.