HR Generalist - Burlington Plant
Sofina Foods Inc. is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Markham, Ontario dedicated to providing great tasting, high quality food products for consumers. As one of the nation's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed food products, we are always looking to the future. Sofina Foods has a broad portfolio of branded and private label pork, beef, turkey and chicken products.
Sofina's family of branded products consists of: Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fearmans Pork, Fletcher's, Vienna, Cuddy, Quality Meats, Zam Zam, San Benedetto, Rio Mare and Lavazza. We have over 21 National locations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan with over 4600 employees.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist is accountable for administering and advising on CBA related issues as well as Human Resources programs, policies and procedures and for meeting the Plant’s staffing needs for hourly positions to support business priorities. The position provides guidance and advice to employees and responds to a variety of Human Resources related questions. This role will also carry out administrative work involving the human resources functions including WCB, STD, and health and safety paperwork.
- Supports the Manager, Human Resources by preparing and placing internal/external salary recruitment postings, screening resumes, setting up and conducting interviews, and reference checks;
- Administers current Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to ensure compliance with the policies and programs are met and consistent administration is enforced. Specifically the attendance management program, vacation policy and leaves (STD, Maternity, LOA, etc);
- Participate in aspects of the Collective Agreement interpretation and application and grievance process to assist the Manager, Human Resources in ensuring that employee-related issues are properly addressed and resolved;
- Organize and attend Labour/Management Monthly meetings and distribution of minutes.
- Diploma or Certificate in Human Resource Management supplemented with relevant experience in Human Resources is required;
- 5-7 years’ experience in related field with excellent knowledge and experience in Human Resources functions;
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity; promoting ideas, developing plans and execution;
- Experience in Labour Relations; grievance management; interpretation of collective agreement
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and selection methodologies and practices, provincial employment and human rights legislation required.