Regional Human Resource Manager - Central Ontario
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
The Regional Human Resources Manager position calls for an engaged professional individual with a solid track record, and strong sense of judgment and logic. This position acts as the subject matter expert and provides guidance and coaching on all HR matters. This role requires a seasoned leader with acute decision-making skills who serves as mentor and communicates with senior management to resolve issues and manage projects. With the assistance of site Human Resource Teams, the incumbent develops, implements and administers all HR programs including, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, performance management, employment legislation, policy interpretation and collective agreement interpretation. It requires a positive and involved team attitude to all and promotes positive and tactical relations through an environment that encourages open communications, trust and mutual respect.
- Actively partners with the corporate management team in their strategic planning to ensure they have the Human Resources and other HR related resources needed to accomplish their departmental and corporate goals.
- Oversees or delivers full recruitment services including front end needs analysis, job postings, sourcing, interviewing, and employee offers.
- Oversees onboarding of, or onboards new employees, from benefits set up through to orientation.
- Provides guidance to hiring managers through HR processes and procedures and coaches the leadership team to achieve a high performing culture.
- Leads the development and implementation of programs and practices that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Assists with the identification of training needs, the selection, development and delivery of appropriate opportunities and programs.
- Provides coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to career development, compensation, recruitment, performance management and employee relations programs.
- Oversees AGCO gaming registration process, reporting and ensures requirements.
- Assists in compiling relative HR metrics, analysis and reporting.
- Functions as project manager for all HR related projects and assignments.
- Works proactively with management and employees to ensure a productive and respectful workplace. Coaches managers with regard to employee relations issues and interprets policies and procedures to ensure consistency among departments.
- Collaborates and coordinates with HR teams to create and standardize HR processes, programs, documents, policies and procedures across all sites. Initiates the implementation and roll out of these processes, documents, policies and procedures
- Oversees and/or develops human resources infrastructure, tools and resources to support and improve the human resources functions at Company properties. This includes communications, templates, process improvements, career section of the corporate website and the HR sections of the Gateway Documents menu.
- Manages the salary administration program. Researches internal and external compensation factors and trends and provides salary recommendations to HR and senior managers throughout the organization. Assists HR Managers with wage reviews and wage recommendations for hourly staff.
- Reviews HR practices and documents from a risk management perspective and facilitates the reduction of potential liability through recommendations, discussion, policies, procedures, templates, programs, etc.
What You’ll Require
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Human Resources or another relevant field along with a minimum of 8-10 years of HR experience or equivalent 3 years of managerial experience leading an HR team
- CHRP designation is an asset
- Experience working within a complex unionized environment, interpreting union contracts, handling grievances and negotiations
- Experience with compensation management practices including job evaluation, salary surveys and internal and external equity reviews
- Experience with mediation, arbitration, Human Rights Tribunal proceedings and HR legal claims management an asset
- Experience with WSIB and Health & Safety reporting an asset
- Experience with obtaining immigration approval for non-Canadian citizens to work in Canada an asset
- Knowledge of all applicable HR legislation
- Knowledge of all HR functions, HRIS processing and ability to develop, implement and administer programs
- Team leader able to provide support, motivation and encouragement to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and negotiations skills to build and maintain strong relationships and act as a facilitator
- A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment
- Ability to exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment
- Knowledge of AGCO application requirements
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel