Human Resource / Health and Safety Coordinator
Are you are looking for a dynamic company with opportunity for growth and development. Does your background include experience in HR & H & S within a unionized environment? Do you “own” the results of your work and do everything in your power to make sure your clients are satisfied with the results? If so, we may have a position that is a fit for you.
Power Precast is a leading precast company that combines dedicated people, proven products with a local focus on exceptional customer service. We offer rewarding career opportunities and we are continually searching for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes a competitive wage, group benefits, Employee Family Assistance Plan, Group RRSP match program, educational assistance, internal succession planning and more.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- The incumbent reports directly to the Human Resources Manager and indirectly to the Health and Safety Manager.
- This position will have an emphasis on hourly recruitment, training, employee retention and Union management. This position will also provide ongoing advice and support to all departmental managers at the Ottawa location to ensure the delivery of Human Resource administration relating to policies and procedures, group benefit and RRSP administration, employee and labour relations, recruitment and training. This position will also assist with the development of human resources as well as health and safety.
- Manage multiple programs including all Human Resources and Health and Safety administration including, but not limited to, group benefit and RRSP administration, LOA, early return to work program, employee communications and general employee relations. The incumbent will be the first point of contact for leaders on HR related matters and will assist employees on benefits related matters within the location.
- In collaboration with HR Manager, coordinate local recruitment and selection processes including preparing postings and advertisements, screening resumes, participating on interview panels, conducting reference checks.
- Assist with the administration of the Disability Management program, including follow up with managers, employees on any concerns/issues as a result of illness and accommodation, and support return to work plans.
- Provide guidance and support on all HR Policies and Procedures. Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations to ensure compliance.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, support and promote corporate objectives and act as a resource to leaders and employees.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager, support and promote programs and initiatives within the Total Reward and any other Award Programs.
- Assist with the preparation of training and presentation materials related to HR. May be required to assist with the delivery of training programs. Coordinate and/or schedule all aspects of training delivery, in conjunction with internal or external resources. Maintain training and certification records with copies to head office.
- Assist managers and supervisors in the interpretation of the Collective Agreements to ensure adherence. Prepare statistics for labour negotiations and participate in meetings, as required.
- Liaise with payroll for compensation and benefits to ensure required documentation is completed.
- Respond to questions related to group benefit and RRSP programs and resolve related problems.
- Conduct employee orientation program to promote positive attitude toward company goals and culture.
- Provide support to managers to ensure performance management program timelines are met.
- Assist leaders in employee termination meetings. Ensure completion of forms for data entry. Conduct and/or record exit interview. Collect resignation/retirement letter (and acceptance) and file in employee file.
- May be required to perform other related duties from time to time.
Health and Safety
- Complete necessary WSIB reporting requirements and administration. Prepare and distribute reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Onboarding of new hires, (set up online training material, review emergency procedures, scan and file records of training, issue and train on PPE)
- Assist with and draft hazard assessment activities
- Investigate incidents/ accidents and determine corrective actions/ preventative measures
- Participate and support JHSC
- Facilitate internal training material
- Conduct regular documented inspections and timely follow up
- Liaise with ministry inspectors
- Assist with HSMS program development and networking activities
- Strong record keeping skills and attention to detail, a must.
- Any H&S training or experience, including JHSC certification would be basic pre-requisites.
- Interacts daily with leaders, union and employees
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Manager and Health and Safety Manager
Power Precast is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of the hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. Power Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category/group.
Thank you for your interest in Power Precast, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.