Human Resources Manager
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
With over 84 years of experience working with healthcare companies, we have earned a reputation of being the leader in the field, producing quality products with brand consistency, and allowing our clients to focus on running their business. Over time, Bellwyck evolved into a smart ‘One Stop Solution’ source for healthcare packaging by offering full scope of products including Folding Cartons, Labels, Contract Packaging, Clinical Services and Brand Protection solutions. With more than eight decades of experience in the field, our clients value our strict cGMP and ISO compliance, lean manufacturing practices and ongoing research and development. We institute mandatory training and testing on pharmaceutical control procedures for all of our employees, and follow the highest levels of onsite security, segregation, hygiene and inspection practices.
Provides day-to-day human resources support, advice and expertise to the Mississauga and Burlington sites in support of business goals and objectives. Promotes open two-way communication and positive employee relations. Manages the implementation and application of Bellwyck’s policies and procedures ensuring fairness, equity, consistency as well as legislative compliance. Supports and promotes health, safety and wellness in the workplace. Keeps abreast of best practices and industry trends. Participates in Corporate project initiatives. Supports other sites as required.
- In partnership with supervisors and managers, coordinates and facilitates a variety of activities relating to employee management, i.e. internal and external recruitment; benefits enrolment and administration; coaching and employee development; training; compensation administration; performance management; corrective discipline; etc.
- Performs full-cycle recruitment activities, including hiring requests, job postings, resume management, screening, interviewing, reference checks and employment agreements
- Coaches, advises and guides supervisors and managers on employee relations issues.
- Acts as subject matter expert and adviser on human resources matters and legislation.
- Proposes effective and practical solutions that comply with Bellwyck’s policies and procedures, as well as, legislative requirements.
- Earns employee respect and trust. Investigates issues/concerns. Brings about fair resolution ensuring relationships are maintained. Promotes positive employee relations.
- Administers and processes leaves of absence (e.g. STD, LTD, legislated leaves, etc).
- Leads the health and safety programs at all locations. Manages WSIB claims and oversees Early Safe Return to Work (ESRTW) initiatives.
- Facilitates with Payroll, the timely and accurate administration and processing of employee records and transactions.
- Prepares human resources documentation, i.e. job offers, letters to employees, human resources notices, bulletins, etc.
- Keeps at the pulse of the organization assessing employee morale; conveys findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends with regards to Human Resources practices, legislative requirements, Health and Safety in the workplace, etc.
- Conducts new employee orientation and onboarding program
- Establishes, maintains, and refines human resources related policies and procedures
- Advises and assists departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices
- Leads and manages the performance management system - supporting management with coaching and training
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and policies striving to resolve work-related issues
- Participate in Corporate HR initiatives
- Conducts training needs analyses to design appropriate and necessary training and development programs
- Compiles statistical reports and metrics concerning personnel-related data
- Conducts exit interviews and keep management abreast of any issues
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of a relevant university/college program with CHRL designation, or, equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years’ progressive generalist experience in a Human Resources role in the manufacturing sector with 3 or more years’ experience at the HR Manager level.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, and, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act for Ontario, BC and Quebec.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills that result in “win-win” strategies.
- Results oriented; self-directed; highly organized; ability to multi-task; work with minimal direction managing competing priorities in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess problems, consider alternatives, exercise sound judgment and take appropriate action.
- Proven ability to manage through changing and growing organizations.
- Excellent oral and written (English) language communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as various HR commercial software programs.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. In compliance with AODA, Bellwyck Pharma Services, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you.