Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator works under the general supervision of the Regional Branch Manager and is responsible for the front line implementation all human resources activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the safe work/risk management policies and procedures of Spectrum Health Care
- Works within the Ethical Practice Framework of Spectrum Health Care.
- Reviews staffing requests to determine hiring priorities; checks resume bank.
- Participates in internal and external recruitment activities including: posting jobs on websites, contacting schools/community/professional organizations, job fairs, preparing advertising as necessary.
- Provides employment information to interested parties, screens resumes, interviews applicants and processes applications.
- Organizes and provides orientation to selected new field employees.
- Ensures employee records/credentials are updated as required (e.g. registration, training courses, immunization, changes in personal information, performance appraisals).
- Maintains all records in accordance with corporate records management policies.
- Responds to internal and external employee enquiries/feedback.
- Supports performance management and evaluation process.
- Tracks new hires, inactivations, terminations and other statistics.
- Assists with the organizing and rollout of special events and staff training programs
- May record details of employee incidents and injuries on risk management system and forward to Safety and Benefits Specialist
- May assist with modified work and health and safety programs.
- Participates on internal committees.
- Handles all related administrative duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post secondary Human Resources certification or in progress
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, health care background preferred
- Work requires strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience working with staff in a unionized environment
- Performance management experience
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Detail-oriented with ability to organize and multi-task
- Strong problem solving skill
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office: Word, Excel. PowerPoint