Total Rewards Analyst
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
If you are a smart, client focused, self-starter who is able to work effectively within a team and with clients and stakeholders to deliver total rewards programs and services, we want to meet you!
The Total Rewards team is accountable for the design and development of programs, policies and strategies related to compensation, benefits and pension. The team provides consultation and support for the delivery function in HR – Employee Care Centre as well as to the Business Partners who provide advisory services to leaders across the organization. The team has responsibility to the SVP, HR and the HR Committee of the Board of Directors for matters pertaining to plan design for compensation, benefits and pension.
- Plans, designs, evaluates and administers employee compensation and benefit programs, such as salaries, salary increases, salary surveys, short- and long-term incentives, job evaluations, retirement plans, and life, health and disability insurance
- Administers pension plans, either internally or through an outsourced service, including check distribution, recordkeeping, and responding to employee requests according to established policies and procedures, and current or emerging regulatory issues
- Provides recommendations and support to ensure the pension plan governance structure fulfills its fiduciary duties to beneficiaries
- Ensures that pensions and benefits plans are administered in compliance with legislation, regulations, and the terms of the plans
- May provide services in Executive Compensation, International Compensation, Sales Compensation, and other specialized areas of compensation
- Performs benchmarking, forecasting & analysis to prepare budgets and to provide a basis for making program decisions
- Monitors the application of compensation/pension/benefits policies and programs to ensure that interpretation/ decisions support the intent of the policies/programs and provides specialist advice
- Reviews compensation/pension/benefits programs to ensure external competitiveness, internal equity, legislative and regulatory compliance, cost effectiveness and alignment with people strategies
- Identifies potential design issues and recommends revisions to existing guidelines, structures, policies and procedures
- Plans and executes the implementation of compensation and /or benefits programs including oversight of and negotiations with service providers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in human resources and total rewards management, or related experience
- Working knowledge of human resources management and total rewards principles and practices
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience in working in a pay-for-performance compensation structure
- Experience in supporting governance and communications related to Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit pension programs
- $62,000 - $92,000, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa. Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 17, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.