Manager - Health, Safety and HR
Health, Safety and Human Resources Manager – Langley, BC
Windsor Plywood, a family owned business operating since 1969, specializes in interior and exterior home finishing products including flooring, doors, mouldings, and dimensional wood products. Our head office in Langley is a Distribution center that services our 62 stores in Western Canada and US. While about two thirds of these stores are franchises, several are corporately owned and managed.
Windsor is searching for a Senior level individual who will be able to update, enhance and manage the provision of Health and Safety and HR services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The focus will be to lead the Health and Safety programs, identify priorities and to develop strategies and programs to ensure continuous improvement in the company’s health and safety performance. This is a new position, and while the successful candidate will become part of the senior management team in Langley, they will also be expected to take a hands-on approach to the position. This role will report to the company President.
Windsor is looking for a person that is able to align Health and Safety decisions and programs with the company's strategic direction, vision, mission and core values. The areas of responsibility will include:
- employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- manage Langley Head Office Health & Safety program
- train and monitor corporate store compliance with Health & Safety policies
- assist franchisees in maintaining Health & Safety programs appropriate for their location
- safety and employment policy development, maintenance and documentation;
- monitor regulatory changes in multiple jurisdictions to ensure our policies comply
- recruiting and staffing for Langley Head Office and Corporate Store Management
- performance management and improvement systems;
- employee orientation, development, and training;
- company employee and community communication;
- engaging employees and stores in charitable giving programs
- ensure employee services including managing relationships with third party providers (eg for counselling services)
The successful candidate will be able to deeply understand Windsor’s business, culture and add value to overall operations. We are looking for an individual with 15+ years of business experience and an extensive background in Health and Safety and Human Resources. The ideal candidate will also have experience in the Building Supplies industry, in working in a family-owned business and will be able to contribute to all facets of the company.
If you are looking for a new career challenge, and the chance to put your stamp on a growing company that is looking for fresh ideas as it celebrates 50 years in business, then this is the opportunity for you.